Help with a good sales letter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been working for myself now since May 08, I generally only do brickwork/blockwork, masonary ect, although recently I've completed a couple of extensions from start to finish. I've been working on getting more leads for extensions but I'm not sure my sales letter that I'm sending out is really up to scratch. Does anyone know who/where I can get a good, professional sales letter drafted. Also should I use a qs to help me price up effectivley.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've been working for myself now since May 08, I generally only do brickwork/blockwork, masonary ect, although recently I've completed a couple of extensions from start to finish. I've been working on getting more leads for extensions but I'm not sure my sales letter that I'm sending out is really up to scratch. Does anyone know who/where I can get a good, professional sales letter drafted. Also should I use a qs to help me price up effectivley.

Thanks

So are these letters to addresses you get from planning applications?

Thats correct yes..

i would honestly treat this type of letter as junk mail and invading my privicy and would bin it without any chance of contacting you ( i know my privicy has not been invaded cause you got the info from an open source, but the planning application is not public for this reason so i feel as if you are invading my privicy by letteriing me :eek: )

Sponsored Links
No matter where you send your sales letter to, never talk about:
we are established xx years, we do this, we do that etc.

always talk towards your prospect perspective: what are the benefits for him/her when using your company for whatever it is you do.

Example: you will benefit from our xx years guarantee on all works done, Your xxx and materials are of the highest quality and value available, sourced only from the most reliable of suppliers (as we never deal with any supplier who fails our demanding standards)
You will be given a comprehensive literature pack, detailing the easy aftercare for your new xxxx
etc.

Thats correct yes..

i would honestly treat this type of letter as junk mail and invading my privicy and would bin it without any chance of contacting you ( i know my privicy has not been invaded cause you got the info from an open source, but the planning application is not public for this reason so i feel as if you are invading my privicy by letteriing me :eek: )

Aww come on Kirkgas. Most people planning on having an extension built, follow the usual route of:-
A, Having the plans drawn.
B, Applying for and getting planning permission.
C, Finding a builder to build the extension.

The OP is only using information in the public domain. He should be commended for actually using common sense. He's targetting specific people. IE, people who are in the process of wanting an extension built.

You could always go along the lines of one of the most successful british adverts, that simply went :-

"Drink more beer" :D

I'm actually having an extension done on a house I rent out. It just so happens I've applied for planning and i've had quite a few of these letters through. I'll find the one I think best and mail it to you if you want. :)

Hi,

I would really appreciate it if you could send me some of the letters you're receving from builders regarding your extension. You can put a few in an envolope and post it without a stamp, then I can pay for the postage at my end.
If this is ok with you I'll send over my address

Thanks for the offer.

WoodYouLike said:
No matter where you send your sales letter to, never talk about:
we are established xx years, we do this, we do that etc.

always talk towards your prospect perspective: what are the benefits for him/her when using your company for whatever it is you do.

Example: you will benefit from our xx years guarantee on all works done, Your xxx and materials are of the highest quality and value available, sourced only from the most reliable of suppliers (as we never deal with any supplier who fails our demanding standards)
You will be given a comprehensive literature pack, detailing the easy aftercare for your new xxxx
etc.

Great advice here too, Thanks

what about scan them in black out the company names and addresses, I wouldn't mind a look as not sure my letters are good enough either.

Thanks

ok as soon as I get five mins (eating dinner at computer then going swimming) i'll scan and post

Sponsored Links
Back