Help with Accenta G4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I've just finished installing my Accenta G4 in my workshop.

I have connected the siren box to the panel
TR white
V- Black
ST Green
V+ Red
S Yellow

and remote LCD panel to the panel

0v Black
13v Red
Comms - White
Sound Blue
Tamp yellow
Tamp Green

I only have the PIR and door contact to now connect to the panel, But I'm not sure how to connect them to the panel.

The PIR has 6 contacts

T Yellow
T Green
C Blue
NC White
V- Black
V+ Red

The door contact has 4 wires
2 x switch wires (blue and white)
2 x tamp wires (green and yellow)

Where do I connect the PIR and door contact wires on the panel?

I've posted a few pics that may help. Any help really appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

Attachments

• IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_4668.JPG
    IMG_4668.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_4671.JPG
    IMG_4671.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMG_4672.JPG
    IMG_4672.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 213
Sponsored Links
Blue and white of door to zone 1 pir zone 2 , yellow of the tamper to tamper zone from both devices and the remaining greens twisted together and put in a connector , the red of the pir in 13v and black in 0v
Now program according....

Your blue and white cables are your alarm circuits and want to go into your alarm circuits on the control panel.
Zone 1 garage door ,zone 2 pir and so on
Your green and yellow cables are your tamper circuit and need to be wired in series and then put into the tamper circuit on the control panel
Zone 1 will be entry exit zone and will set the timer

Great - Thanks

How does this look? Am I good to go? Connect power and set program?

Zone 1 Door
Zone 2 PIR
Green Tamper from Door and PIR connected together and heatshrunk
Yellow tamper from PIR and Door to Tamp on panel
PIR red in 13v
PIR black in 0v

Attachments

• IMG_4703.JPG
    IMG_4703.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 226
Sponsored Links
Looks fine , only other point ....lack of speaker ...will you hear the setting tones from the keypad ok ?

Thanks - the key pad is only a few feet away from the panel next to the roller door. Do you think I need a speaker in the panel?

If I fit an internal speaker will that also sound at the same time as the external siren if the alarm is triggered as well as replicating the key pad sounds? That would be an extra deterrent having your ears riniging in my small workshop

Keypad speaker is fine, but rather than a speaker in the panel, use a sound bomb as a deterrent.

Wire links in unused zones not necessary, as the programming will cut out the unused ones

Sound bomb? Can you give me a link to one I can buy please?

Putting wire links in unused zone will prevent any programming errors.

You mean just cut some small lengths of alarm wire (lets say red) and link each zone? same as some of the small wire links I had to remove for some of the connections?

Yes ,correct
Linking out unused zone will make fault finding easier if you have any faults your are unsure of

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back