Help with Accenta Mini

I wish idiots would stop posting.

You need a new battery not a panel.

Sponsored Links
As soon as you finally admit that what you take money for isnt the be all end of and goes wrong far more often than you admit to.
More often than not a Yale issue is a fault, one you say "Never had that before"

Sponsored Links
Alarm - If you can't give a reply without the sarcasm don't bother replying to my query.By the way nothing is wrong with the battery
Thanks very much to Funnysambam for helping me on the right track.I inserted part of a paper clip & alarm is working fine- no problems now. Really appreciate you helping me out on Christmas Eve as I'm sure you had better things to do!

Dave6 What you missed was Alarm was helping you since funnysambam seem to instantly jump to the conclusion that you need a new panel.

I assume you have linked out the tamper. If so you need to investigate the fault. If its a damaged cable who knows the other wires might be next.

well, panels do sometimes fail, and i was helping as best I could.
There’s a few other tests you can do before condemning a panel.

Like checking what voltage the panel is outputting. Check what the battery voltage is. Do a basic drop test on the battery.

All of this costs nothing if you already have a multimeter.

I assume that was aimed at me? no, i judge wether a battery is dead by measuring it with a proper voltmeter and take an accurate reading!

So you do not have a battery tester then.

A multimeter tells you its voltage not its capacity, Amperage and a few other little items.

It can sit there at 13,4 volts and not be worth a toss.

no,did I ever say to you I ran a massive company? no, I am not an alarm installer, just a DIYer. ok? I DON'T install alarms, I help out with people's problems on this site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back