Help with new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( :( I have just had a so called professional plumber around to install a new system boiler. He fitted boiler then left saying I do not do electrics,so boiler does not work. I guess I can get this sorted by finding a electrician.

However what worries me is the way the boiler is plumbed in we had four pipes going to the old boiler now we only have two,and he has joined the flow and returns together,is this OK will the system work,once I find an electrician.

You tradesman often complain that you get treated like s**t by customers,well if this is the way you conduct yourself you deserve it.

One ****ed off cold and poorer customer

Sponsored Links
Where did he tie his horse up whilst working at your property?

Unfortunately by thinking of us all as 'You tradesman often complain that you get treated like s**t by customers,well if this is the way you conduct yourself you deserve it.' I doubt many will feel that they will want to help :eek:

Part of the job is to get it up and running otherwise how could he commission it. :confused:

I doubt very much if he is registered OR is it that you peed him off and he walked off the job :rolleyes:

My experience is customers want a quote to say replace their boiler but have no clue as to what make, model and power boiler they need. So how can an installer quote. Then they proceed to go for the cheapest quote. When it all goes belly up, then every one gets tarred.

I just had a b*tch stop a cheque for £65 claiming I had 'ripped her off'. What she wanted was to be told (and not repair) a defect on her heating system. Price was agreed beforehand. Hell will have to freeze over before I darken her doorstep.

You tradesman often complain that you get treated like s**t by customers,well if this is the way you conduct yourself you deserve it.

One p****d off cold and poorer customer

You don't give us enough information to judge the situation? Was there a written quote that excluded electrics? If so then he has just done what quoted. Otherwise you had grounds to not pay invoice.

Personally I wouldn't accept full payment until customer is happy and has accepted all the paperwork. As G4Y says, how did he commission the boiler without power?

Pics of the job please?

Sponsored Links
Hi guys lets not gets off on the wrong foot with this one,I trust all tradesman that work for me with respect and courtesy its just a shame its not reciprocated. If a price is agreed for a job to a given quality I pay.

My problem in this case is the boiler has not been commissioned, and it now leaves me wondering,about the quality of his work,especially the flow and returns being linked . Although he tells me the system was probably 20 years old and they are not piped like that any more.

Its Wors Bosch greenstar 24ri the only electrical feed it has at the moment is from the honeywell control box that has the pump and motorised valve wired into it. The feed from this has been wired as if a live feed to ST1 on the boiler. I suspect looking at the book of words we need to run all the Honeywell control box wiring into the wiring bar in the boiler

On an old system you would rip out the old and un-needed pipe work and change it all to modern standards.

The boiler will require just a permanent live and a switched live I presume, I do not fit WB so don't know if this needs another live FROM the boiler to operate the pump.

Did he fit trv's, a room stat, powerflush the old system out, check for gas leaks etc etc?

Although it is not going to help you right now, I think a call to corgi is in order to get this all inspected and a report given.

Are you certain he is corgi registered? Did he speak english :eek: :rolleyes: :LOL:

If the bloke never told you that he could not wire up a heating systembefore he started the job then his is a toosser of the first order

How many installers cannot wire up a heating system??????? its half the job FFS.

didnt pay him cash did you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back