New Gas Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Installed a nice new boiler for a customer to-day, before we had finished commissioning the boiler it broke down! manufacturer sending parts !!

anyone want to take a guess as to the make?? :mad:

Sponsored Links
(1) ferroli
(2) ideal
(3) keston

I could go on but i will go with these as "favoutites"

I Installed a nice new boiler for a customer to-day, before we had finished commissioning the boiler it broke down! manufacturer sending parts !!

anyone want to take a guess as to the make?? :mad:

I will go for the good old Glowworm.
Had 2 of these do this to me.
Saying that also had a worchester do it before now.

I guess the obvious choice would be Ideal, but I'm going with either Biasi or Rehema

Sponsored Links
manufacturer sending parts !!

There's a clue there. Vaillant/Glowworm, WB, Baxi/Pott and Ideal would all send their own engineers.
Either your an agent for said company or they're that useless they don't even have a nearby agent!.....hmmm....
I'm gonna go for Remeha.

Worcester are so keen to make people happy that they would probably send out parts to keep an installer onside.

But the best sender of parts is actually Keston, perhaps because they only have one staff engineer and he is rushed off his feet?

It would not be Biasi but they would send out their engineer the same or the next day. ( As long as his name is not a colour which is not in the rainbow ).

Tony

Okay Guys it was a KESTON C40. I agree they have been fantastic in sending out the parts next day (no engineer to fit them though)
Boiler suddenly shut down with E.24 (not listed in the manual) it equates to a Thermistor failure !!! Custard not happy tho as the C.40 we took out was only 6 yrs old, the HE had split open causing POC's to burn everything inside to a pulp, we had to fit another keston as the flue system goes all over the place and there is another C.40 running in tandem with it so there it is !! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back