Help with three gang two way switch

Sponsored Links
RF...You use Wago's. Are you a young chap?

I like to think so, but every now and again I realise it's maybe not quite the case. :cry:

Wago's have a use, mainly as temporary connections for me. I still prefer proper connectors for permanent installations.

Wago's have a use, mainly as temporary connections for me. I still prefer proper connectors for permanent installations.
It's interesting, and seemingly a bit ironic. I imagine that many of us (certainly including myself) feel (intuitively) at least a bit like that, and feel that a 'proper connection', which we feel inclined to rely upon, is one which has involved us tightening a screw to our satisfaction. However, if the regs about concealed joints are anything to go by, the clever people who write those regs are presumably convinced that connections which don't involves us tightening a screw are actually more reliable.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The problem with wagos for me is that they take up too much room.

Also the more wires you have, the larger they have to be.

The next problem is adding another wire, if there's not an available slot left.

Some of these type of connectors don't like being disturbed if you want to dismantle them for fault finding.

I find connector blocks more versatile, despite the fact the ends of wires can get brittle and can sometimes need re-stripping after fault finding.

One problem with connector blocks is they can crack when tightening the screws, so I only get decent ones.

Push-in connectors are heaven on things like modular fluorescent fittings though.

Back to the topic, it doesn't look like the original electrician earthed the back box, though the picture wasn't clear enough to prove that.

Yes he should have used the back box earth to join all the earth wires, rather than a Wago.

I think its at the top left.

Back to the topic, it doesn't look like the original electrician earthed the back box, though the picture wasn't clear enough to prove that.
It certainly looks that way. As you say, one can't be 100% certain from the pics provided, but I reckon I'm somewhere around 99% :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back