Henley Block

Sponsored Links
What are you going to do with the earths then :rolleyes: ;)
Errr - how about the same as you so with a single-phase supply, i.e. not in the same DP or 2 x SP Henleys as as the phase & neutral? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know that but the point i was trying to get across was if they stop making the single phase blocks as kai suggested how could you do that

I'll put the smiley up for you BAS :oops: :oops:

Errr - how about the same as you so with a single-phase supply, i.e. not in the same DP or 2 x SP Henleys as as the phase & neutral? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know that but the point i was trying to get across was if they stop making the single phase blocks as kai suggested how could you do that

Sorry - somewhere along the line one of us has lost the plot...

Sponsored Links

Sorry - somewhere along the line one of us has lost the plot...

Accepted :) on to the next fight then :p

OK - if they stop making single phase blocks why would you lose the ability to not put the earth into one?

Why would you want to put the earth into a henley block anyway? Just use an earth block.

Yes, to henley a three phase and neutral supply, you use two double pole henleys, and do this - Red and Yellow phases in one DP henley, and Blue Phase and Neutral in the other DP henley. (or their modern equivalents). :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This has been suggested already but the point was being made about the henly blocks
I'm completely missing your point. What has the earth got to do with henley blocks?
If you are using a DP henley block for the live conductors in a single phase install, why not use an earth block for the earth?
In a 3 phase install, the normal practice would be to a single pole henley for each live conductor. You can still use an earth block for the earths.

No no no :eek:
Someone suggested that the SP blocks should stop being made and that only DP ones should be available,
I then said "how would you connect the multiple earths if you couldn't get an earth block" ie use a SP henley instead
Its a lot easier to pick up a SP henley block than an earth bar unless you order it..... well around here, one or two suppliers have them on the shelf but they all have henley blocks ;)

(It was mentioned that you would still need the SP version for 3P by another post which I agree with )

Your suppliers want a kick up the backside if they don't have earth blocks in stock!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back