Hidden Gutter with ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, The wall is built against the boundary and I should not be overhanging the gutter, hence require gutter flush to the wall. Unfortunately I'm unsure how its done.

I know sometimes square gutters made from ply and lined with lead are used or use of an aluminium square gutter. I was wondering if a plastic gutter would work in my scenario. I could built the outer wall up, add a 'L' shape length of ply to cover the cavity and fit the gutter on top ?
Ideally, I would like to build in some over facia ventilation, though I've been told tiles don't necessarily require ventilation.
I want to avoid a parapet wall.

I've added two images to show the current situation. At the moment the outer wall is lower than the inner wall and the joist need to be cut down. Would appreciate some ideas please.

Thanks

20220518_182308.jpg

20220518_182325.jpg

Sponsored Links
a warm pitched tiled roof is possible

you need some sort of eaves support tray to keep the ventilation space

Id guess you will need to cut your rafter feet back flush close to the wall plate -if you fit a fascia to the wall plate you should be able to get a square gutter in there

obviously you need to set out your tile battens and tile eaves detail to suit

19e6933ddad015ac2684d98b85f8ec53--green-roofs-extension-ideas.jpg

Hi, I'm working on a vaulted ceiling.
Currently I was considering, what I think is a cold roof (air gap above insulation), though I like the idea of a warm roof as it mostly eliminates the need for venting. If I stick to the original plan (cold roof) then I'm proposing to build as this illustration. Does this sound about right?

1652957898215.png

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm working on a vaulted ceiling.
Currently I was considering, what I think is a cold roof (air gap above insulation), though I like the idea of a warm roof as it mostly eliminates the need for venting. If I stick to the original plan (cold roof) then I'm proposing to build as this illustration. Does this sound about right?

View attachment 270145
with a warm pitched tile roof the felt is fitted on the rafters a normal, then there are battens fitted on top, running in line with the rafters

then the tile battens are fitted

then anything from the top of the rafter down needs no ventilation.

that enables the venting to happen above the gutter -which might help you if you have no soffit to vent into the rafter space like a conventional cold roof

but it needs properly detailing

if you go to the dupont / tyvek website there are various construction detail options for cold and warm methods

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back