1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

High Rise Fire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by securespark, 14 Jun 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I thought that a wee bit too specific and more than a little weird.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Roger928

Roger928

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Would be more of an attempt to warn people who own the same fridge.

4. Mikefromlondon

Mikefromlondon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Anything that you plug in, has a good chance of catching fire than you winning lotto jackpot

5. Mikefromlondon

Mikefromlondon

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Camden Council leader made a very rash and unwise decision, just to cover their past failings, evacuating residents causing unnecessary panic and much inconvenience to occupiers, which can only result in anger and confusion and unnecessary public expenditure, it was a rather a shear stupidity to have done so.

Many residents did not want to leave, and they have been threatened with forceful removal, the point is why all of a sudden, literally overnight has these high rise blocks become life threatening? what difference would a few more weeks make if workers started on stripping dangerous cladding from the outside, whilst residents remained in.

Fair enough other breaches have been found in fire safety, but for how long have these breaches gone unnoticed, as a guess may be for some time, a few good months to perhaps over a year, so how come no one died during this neglect period.

Why were these towers not checked out then for fire safety breaches , why only now have these Camden towers suddenly become deadly after Grenfell fire?

Sorry according to me, it is no less than shear stupidity at its best, nothing to do with risk to life, that's just a lame excuse to cover their ass. I think residents are now at a greater risk of losing life by staying in unfamiliar places and meeting with an accident.

( I know some of you may not agree with me) but if I was one of the occupiers I would stay put whilst workers go about removing dangerous cladding, if you were having a new roofing done on your house, do roofing contractors ask you to leave your house? try and explain how did the workers put up the cladding in the first place whilst residents occupied the towers?

I don't think any one can guarantee safety of life, no matter what, we simply cannot cover all angles, like terrorism that can strike us when least expected, even the security forces have said that they cannot protect lives all of the time at all places, we have to be rational about it.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2017
  6. Doug99

Doug99

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So the leader of Camden council says she had no choice but to evacuate the residents at 8.30 pm without notice because the local fire service stated they could not guarantee the safety of the residents. Call me cynical, but the fire service cannot guarantee the safety of anyone in any situation. Even the accommodation blocks with sprinklers cannot guarantee a safe outcome in the event of fire. Ask a doctor if he can guarantee me a long life if I ate and exercised healthily, he would say no. If I ask a policeman if he could guarantee my house would not be burgled if I fitted good locks, he would say no.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Judy in the sky

Judy in the sky

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Complete knee jerk reaction from Camden council. (never mind, they can always increase the council tax next year to pay for the cost of this evacuation)

• Like Like x 1
  8. IWalkLikeHimaMartian

IWalkLikeHimaMartian

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Obviously judas on the sly has never been legally responsible for others' safety. :rolleyes:

9. bernardgreen

bernardgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes and there is far more "criticism" of the building regulations.
    The documents of the offical report can be read here https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/elections-and-council/lakanal-house-coroner-inquest

The "criticism" of the Fire Brigade was related to improving the way they dealt with fires in buildings where failure of building regulations during "improvements" to buildings had created fire hazards that were not present in the building before the improvements were carried out.

Grenfell Tower was lost from the moment the first insulation panel began to burn. It could not be extinguished because the Rain Shield coating prevented the water from the hoses reaching the seat of the fire.

10. Sponsored Links
  11. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'd imagine poor old TM would give her eye teeth to be as popular as Jezza right now.

Last edited: 25 Jun 2017
  12. Nozzle

Nozzle

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think you're right, she is very unpopular with Red and Blue alike. Jezza at Glastonbury is somewhat preaching to the converted though, no? I imagine his presence there only left a sour taste in the mouths of a handful of festival goers.

Nozzle

13. Brigadier

Brigadier

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bet he knows the cost of a pint of soya milk as well.

14. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Interesting perspective. How long have you viewed an individuals popularity by how few people dislike them?

15. Roger928

Roger928

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Fetivals like Glastonbury attract left wing libertards by the dozen. Like flies to shyte.

16. Nozzle

Nozzle

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's just the 'compliment' (in the numerical sense) of the other. And I don't know for how long I have had this view, but thanks for your interest in this.

Nozzle

17. Most would have been so high on various substances, that they've have cheered anyone - except TM of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.