Hive Dual Channel Receiver with a Combi Boiler

N

NP1981

Hello,

I mistakenly purchased a Hive Dual Channel Receiver from my Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30Si Combi Boiler.

From reading other posts, I believe it is possible to still make this work, but need some assistance please.

The current receiver is a Honeywell R6660D. I have cables currently going into the N, L (leftmost), A, B connections:
HoneyWell.jpg

Please can someone advise how these connect up to the Hive dual receiver:
Hive.JPG

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Apologies for the delay.

I have only just got around to fitting this in. The A wire goes to Ls on the Boiler and the B wire goes to LR

In that case:

N and L go to the Hive Permanent Neutral and Permanent Live as appropriate.

The boiler Lr (Live return) wire goes to the Hive 'Heating on' (4)

The boiler Ls (Live supply) wire is not needed by the dual channel version of the Hive and should either be disconnected at both ends, or insulated and tucked out of the way at the Hive as it will still be connected to a live supply at the boiler end.

Some boilers will require you to open up the room sealed boiler casing to access the terminals, if that is true of yours, the 'gas safe' guys say that it should only be done by one of them so that they can do appropriate safety checks afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Thank you to both Stem and Flameport. The above advice has worked. I now have a working boiler. I wired up the device as per Stems advice and it's now working with my combi boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back