Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking to install Hive Multizone into my new build property.

Currently has 2 zones (upstairs/downstairs)

Just looking for advice on the connections from the existing Heat Center JB to the 2 new Hive receivers for zone 1 & zone 2.

See images for existing wiring. Labelled as:

7 - Down
8 - Up
9 - N
10 - Call

Also the Hive receivers do they have cable entry on the bottom or does it require back entry through the plasterboard?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3584.jpeg
    IMG_3584.jpeg
    370.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 6A2E69EB-09CA-4A20-8A56-5FFC8BB9EA06.jpeg
    6A2E69EB-09CA-4A20-8A56-5FFC8BB9EA06.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Where are you planning to mount the receivers?

If they are going to be located next to the wiring centre...

Assuming a single channel Hive.

Take an L from the white terminal block (it may be better to link these up to a couple of the spare wiring centre terminals), to the Hive backplate.
Take an N from terminal 9.
Add a short link wire from L to terminal 1 on the Hive backplate.

Remove the grey (oversleeved brown) wires from terminals 7 and 8 of the wiring centre. And connect terminals 3 of the Hives to these two terminals (one for up, the other down).

The grey wires and the remaining brown wires from the existing thermostat cables, can then be parked in one of the spare terminals, to make the cable safe. Or the cables can be removed completely.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi,

That’s great thanks.

I plan to mount the receivers beside the JB so will just be a short flex to them.

The grey over sleeved browns that are removed from 7 & 8, where are these to go to now? Is this the ones that need to be secured into a blank terminal.

It would be only the new cables to Hive Terminal 3 and the existing Browns in 7&8 ?

I have done a quick diagram to assist hopefully

Attachments

• IMG_3585.jpeg
    IMG_3585.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
The grey over sleeved browns that are removed from 7 & 8, where are these to go to now? Is this the ones that need to be secured into a blank terminal.
Yes, these two Grey (oversleeved brown) are part of the cables going to the two old stats. There will be an earth, brown and probably a black wire all in the same cable.
Apart from the earth wire, the black, brown and grey wires can all be disconnected from their current terminals, and connected together in a spare one, safely out of the way of any live connections.
It would be only the new cables to Hive Terminal 3 and the existing Browns in 7&8 ?
Correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back