Hob & oven circuit

I wonder how on earth we manage to find people who can design bridges which don't collapse, aeroplanes which don't fall out of the sky etc.
As has been implied, I very much doubt that it would be possible to find any such people if one of the conditions was that they were to be totally denied access to (or use of) all reference material, information and data.

Sponsored Links
Coming from you that is very interesting. When people first started building bridges and planes they did fail, because they were trying to find what would work and what wouldn't work, and their trials and experiments led them to the solutions.
But now we don't let people build bridges unless they know what they are doing. We don't build bridges on the basis of rules-of-thumb for traffic loadings established 50 years ago.

But this is totally contrary to your belief that people should not try things out. if mankind adopted your mantra, even the wheel would never have been invented.:D
Don't be stupid.

As has been implied, I very much doubt that it would be possible to find any such people if one of the conditions was that they were to be totally denied access to (or use of) all reference material, information and data.
Who has suggested anything like that?

Sponsored Links
Who has suggested anything like that?
In response to my saying that, in the absence of guidance (i.e., if we 'threw away' the OSG, which is the only source of which we are aware - wherever the guidance originated), no-one would know how to undertake diversity calculations, it was suggested (I leave readers to decide who by) that "Maybe anybody truly competent to do them would know."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back