Hotpoint WF740 - Major Leaking

Sponsored Links
yes quite poss at least its sorted till the next time. :D :D
that time is now :( :LOL:

Hey guys,
only me again, the washing machine was making a lot of strange noises the other day and i had to stop the wash.

I pulled the clothes out and noticed that 1 of the lifters had come off again, so i take the back panel off to make sure everything was ok there and the heater was hanging out and the heater bracket was somehow all twisted up.

So ive brought a new heater and lifter and thought everything would be fine but now it is leaking from here

dsc01119hf.jpg

I did notice that a bit of the casing (if that's what its called) was missing, but thought it would be ok once the heater was in and maybe it would seal it, but obviously not :(

So im just wondering if i could put some kind of seal on it, around that area, like on this pic? and if i can, which type of seal?
Thanks for any help :)

dsc01119wc.jpg

Use some silicone sealant make sure it drys before use , the heater has chewed the lip round the drum.

Sponsored Links
Silicone sealant like fernox LX from plumbing suppliers. It will set in water and is heat resistant (used to repair hot and cold water pipes)

Thanks for replies guys :)

Hey guys I'm back again :LOL: :LOL:
Just wondering if anyone knows what this horrible scrapping sound is?
Sump was clear and heater and heater bracket are fine.

I tried a wash with just a couple of items in and it was ok but as soon as I put a normal size wash in it makes the scrapping sound, and it is that bad that I have to cancel the wash.

Seems like a normal size wash is weighing the drum down or something?
When I spin and move the drum around when the washing machine is empty there is no sound or no clue what could be causing it.

Thanks for any help.

Bra wire caught in the drum ? Remove the lifter and shine a torch in between the drum.

Hi,
Thanks for reply :)
I checked for that earlier after reading a similar post :LOL:
I moved the lifter gap around the whole drum and couldn't see anything :(

Fill it with water and tip mc back and forth a few times it might dislodge something.

Yeah once it's fill turn it off and sloshing the water round may dislodge the item. Then put it on pump out and try it. It may fall into the filter the item.

Hey guys,
Just noticed that the machine was making strange noises and it wasn’t spinning, opening it up and the drum drive belt has come off :( any tips for getting it back on? I haven’t got much room to try; it doesn’t look like I can take the back of the machine off.
Thanks for any info

edit.
I see that I have to put it on the bottom first and then wind it around the drum, but theres just not enough room :(

Remove the lid and pull it from the top round the pulley, also tie it onto the pulley with cable ties and the spin drum by hand to pull it on the pulley then the ties will snap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back