How best to draw my own plans for a PD outbuilding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the easiest if cheapest way to draw my own scaled drawings for a 7x5m outbuilding for a LDC?

I heard about Google sketchup but never used it and whilst I could use hand drawings, is there a web based tool that will do this for free or cheaply? Would be great if it did elevations too but not sure if this is needed for a PD outbuilding? I can use a site plan for a previous planning application so no problems there.

Thx.

Sponsored Links
Easiest and cheapest is a pen and ruler. No learning curve either. Planners don't tend to mark the drawings out of ten, or only pass the CAD drawings

Can I avoid doing any drawing by simply submitting an application form with a description and size of the elevations and include a graphical site map that I've previously used from a planning application?

No. You can't use a text description.

Your council will have a list of what documents it requires and in what format and with what detail. If you don't submit the required stuff in the required format, then they won't register the application.

Sponsored Links
No. You can't use a text description.

Your council will have a list of what documents it requires and in what format and with what detail. If you don't submit the required stuff in the required format, then they won't register the application.

Ok. Another q. If I show plans for a larger PD outbuilding and then build something a metre or so smaller, or put in one less window that I showed, does that invalidate the LDC (note I'm not talking about the PD because it will still be PD, but just the LDC)?

Any approval relates to the submitted plans and documents only. Any deviation would require separate approval or confirmation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back