How can I check a brickie is qualified please?

Sounds like its hardly worth the stress, I would say put your energy into getting the job back on track.

In future get all your trademen on recommendation. For brickies, go and see their work.

Sponsored Links
NVQ? LOL. Are these still four week courses?

Anyway, ideally he should be qualified with a Spirit Level in Bricklaying.

Sponsored Links
Brick laying (and more so block laying) is a practical skill. I can build a decent-looking brick or block wall but it takes me much much longer and is not as good as the walls that my mate Pete the brickie throws up without even thinking about them.
Whatever documents this character may or may not hold are only going to be useful in your claim against him (still want to see the pics of the job).
Your claim will be that he advertised himself as a professional qualified bricklayer but his work turned out to be woefully inadequate. You were seduced by his 'impressive qualifications' but have as yet seen no evidence (documentary or quality of work) to back up his claims to having achieved the required level of competence. Stop chasing the docs- discovery will compel him to produce or confess, if he has to confess then your claim becomes much much stronger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back