How do I get the wires out of this terminal block?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How are the wires supposed to come out of this terminal block? I've lifted the tabs and I can't see/find any screws. I'm pulling on the wires but they're not coming out. How do I get them out?

1710598108364.png

Sponsored Links
if you rotate them slightly from side to side whilst pulling gently they sometimes come out of that style of push in connector

Sponsored Links
I would agree - you ought to be able just to push down (hard) on each tab and pull out the wire, do one tab at a time.

How high are you lifting the tabs?

Yes Push the levers down and hold them there in the pushed down position whilst you withdraw the conductors with minimal effort. Once they are disconnected you can release the levers.

To put a new conductor in you push down and hold down the lever then gently push the conductor fully in, then release the lever.
Hey presto.

(Who the hell actually was "Presto", I never met him, mind you I never met Kilroy (of "Kilroy was here!" fame or Banksy either. Or anyone called Fred Bloggs, I did actually meet someone called John Thomas, nice bloke but people laughed about his name behind his back).
I used to have solicitors "Pratt, Pratt and Mulldoon" , I got Mr Mulldoon but he was a bigger Pratt than the other two!

Ohh and back to the plot, Sorry.
I think that there actually are some levers that pull upwards whilst other levers push downwards so you could actually have either type, hope that helps.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Reminds me, tother week I tried some lever Wagos on 6.0 mm conductor - I don`t mind them on 1.0 lighting circuits but start to get apprehensive on 2.5mm and above.
Anyway I read the packet, good for 6.0mm and 32Amp so I thought I would give them a try as I was on a socket circuit for 4 x twin sockets on a 32A MCB.
Well very slight twist to align the cores, did not go in easy. I tried both twisted and non twisted but easy pull out on tension so I reverted to choc blocks.
Don`t get me wrong, I like the idea of both lever types and non lever types but I think they`ve a bit to go yet.
I`ve tried other types over the years too including Hamilton Titon but similar thoughts.

PS - regarding sockets and stuff, did I ever mention that I hate cage clamps and like tunnel terminals, prefer double screws too with a domed point?

To put a new conductor in you push down and hold down the lever then gently push the conductor fully in, then release the lever.
Hey presto.!

If the conductors are solid you can just push them straight in, without touching the levers.

PS - regarding sockets and stuff, did I ever mention that I hate cage clamps and like tunnel terminals, prefer double screws too with a domed point?
I liked the older MK range of high current DP switches that has two screws for each terminal.

The only ones I know now that have that are Click shower pull cords. Or at least, they did last time I fitted one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back