How do I wire this 2 port valve into system?

I've inwardly digested revised plan 1valve ;) and it wont work :eek:

Back to the drawing board I'm off for tea.

Think what the gray wire does and the relationship to the brown wire.

Sponsored Links

Think what the gray wire does and the relationship to the brown wire.

The grey wire has NO relationship with the brown. All the brown does is open the valve when asked to from the prog. This is why the grey is always wired to premanent live, so when the valve opens, it operates a little internal contact that powers the orange to light the boiler.

Do not, I repeat do not, link the grey and brown. On a 2 port, brown is SWL, grey is PL.

The grey always goes to a premanent live.

The 'HW' and CH channels are independent. If you understand S-plans you will understand this.

This will work. I can't be any clearer.

heytesto";p="1225462 said:

it will work as the stat seperates grey and brown

Do not, I repeat do not, link the grey and brown.

The grey always goes to a premanent live.

in this senario it doesn't and does not need to!

The 'HW' and CH channels are independent. If you understand S-plans you will understand this.

we understand this ! you obviously haven't grasped the thread (2 stage heating circuit on an Ecotec combi) nought to do with water and we are discussing using a single channel programmer!

Read the OP again, Kevin.

The LP241 is a TWO channel programmer. Ignore the HW on the programmer, he just intends to use it as a channel.

Sponsored Links
Read the OP again, Kevin.

The LP241 is a TWO channel programmer.
yes your correct, but we are talking about using only one channel - the Heating on and i did say right at the beginning to make sure it was volt free as terminal 1 needs to be fed from terminal 3 on the Ecotec.

why has this been made so complicated! :rolleyes:

it just needs to be wired the same as a gravity hw system.
Whatever happens it either needs a 2 channel programmer, a room stat or both.

why has this been made so complicated! :rolleyes:

it just needs to be wired the same as a gravity hw system.
Whatever happens it either needs a 2 channel programmer, a room stat or both.
to confuse you!! :LOL:

never seen a gravity hot water system on an Ecotec combi, but do feel free to post a picture :LOL:

Can't you just shove all the wires into a wiring centre and turn it on?

Is the Eco tec external control circuit volt free or 240v?

It's 240v. There won't be any backfeed problem as the brown wire on the valve won't be connected to anything but the CH ON terminal on the programmer.

Either channel/stat will be able to fire the boiler, but only the CH channel will open the 2-port valve.

heytesto.

the reason for volt free is the need to keep the timeclock power seperate from the switching (Live and Term 1 not connected)

Dinners nearly cooked :D

The grey supplies power to the MV and the brown tells it open, which one supplies the power to the orange.

The brown wire powers the motor, the microswitch connects grey and orange together.

There is no internal connection between orange and brown, nor between grey and brown.

Dinners nearly cooked :D

The grey supplies power to the MV and the brown tells it open, which one supplies the power to the orange.

grey micro switch orange
brown activates motor which operates microswitch button
the 2 are not electrically interconnected.

On a single channel eg LP111 or LP711, yes. But we are talking an LP241, I assume no built in clock on the boiler. In this case, ignore terminal 3 on the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back