How many RGI's here Do their own electical Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets have a look here at how many of your do your own electrical work.

Remember, this is a public forum so people will be able to see what you post.

REMEMBER IF YOUR ARE NOT PART P REGISTERED, YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW. FACT!!

Wrong! See this is the problem, give someone a bit of knowledge and they think they are a scientist.

You can still work on electrics if you prove competence, inform building control and or get certification from a professional body.

Or if your a RGI :LOL:

1) Read again, i doubt you read it all. Competance = a testing qualification, I douby you have one.

2) Inform building control and they will send a spark out that you will have to pay.

3) Get certification from a professional body, ie NICEIC which you are not.

How am I wrong you fool

yes, yes, yes and yes. Define Fool?

Sponsored Links
When cowboys start getting arrested and prosecuted for doing "sick bird" gas work then I'll stop wiring my own heating installs. Fair deal ? Also if part p is required to wire a boiler, this would involve wiring a switched live to boiler. Therefore u would have to remove boiler case to connect it Therefore all part p'ers should be gas registered as removing case is classified as working on a gas appliance. ???

WRONG!

You should know you can open the case, as can the end user, however opening the cc, which has been discussed to the max here is another matter.

Carry on breaking the law my freind, its you who will get yourself into trouble one day if something goes wrong with the electrical system and you were the last one in the house your insurance will not cover you and you may be liable to prosecution!!!

Steady, now your turning into a bit of a troll, i thought this was about exposing how poor the system was because electricians have difficulty wiring up heating systems.

Steady, now your turning into a bit of a troll, i thought this was about exposing how poor the system was because electricians have difficulty wiring up heating systems.

When most of the forum tries to disagree with law, just because they cant be bothered getting a spark in the best you can do is call me a troll.

Im sure you can do a lot better. :)

Sponsored Links
I didnt call you a troll, unlike the fact you called me a fool. Re-read the comment.

Bottom line, what are you trying to achieve?

Confessions from a forum, personal agenda? Go apply to be an inspector, or maybe work for Watchdog.

Forums are to assist, talk/discuss and get different opinions regarding subjects. Not to forfill your fantasy.

1) Read again, i doubt you read it all. Competance = a testing qualification, I douby you have one.

no, a testing qualification may deem you as competent but the lack of one does not deem you incompetent
2) Inform building control and they will send a spark out that you will have to pay.

yup I'm afraid so, if it relates to a domestic property and you or the company you work can not self certify

3) Get certification from a professional body, ie NICEIC which you are not.

how do you know vic?
he may just do commercial and not touch any domestics for all you know

I didnt call you a troll, unlike the fact you called me a fool. Re-read the comment.

Bottom line, what are you trying to achieve?

Confessions from a forum, personal agenda? Go apply to be an inspector, or maybe work for Watchdog.

Forums are to assist, talk/discuss and get different opinions regarding subjects. Not to forfill your fantasy.

If you think the law is "fantasy" is really feel sorry for you and all of your customers, both past and present.

When cowboys start getting arrested and prosecuted for doing "sick bird" gas work then I'll stop wiring my own heating installs. Fair deal ? Also if part p is required to wire a boiler, this would involve wiring a switched live to boiler. Therefore u would have to remove boiler case to connect it Therefore all part p'ers should be gas registered as removing case is classified as working on a gas appliance. ???

WRONG!

You should know you can open the case, as can the end user, however opening the cc, which has been discussed to the max here is another matter.

Carry on breaking the law my freind, its you who will get yourself into trouble one day if something goes wrong with the electrical system and you were the last one in the house your insurance will not cover you and you may be liable to prosecution!!!

Am I bad ? So sorry. Won't do it again. NOT.
What utter ******x , if there's already a fused spur there with an old boiler wired in then I'm wiring the new boiler up to it, end of. Just swapping like for like. Which I believe is a " healthy bird"

Thanks for the chuckle.
Good night.

Lets have a look here at how many of your do your own electrical work.

Remember, this is a public forum so people will be able to see what you post.

REMEMBER IF YOUR ARE NOT PART P REGISTERED YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW FACT!!

Is johnward02 your secret lover. or BAS in disguise :mrgreen:

What's breaking the Law Fact,

Yet to meet a sparky that could wire one of out systems yet with the exception of the one we employed.

WRONG!

Am I bad ? So sorry. Won't do it again. NOT.
What utter **** , if there's already a fused spur there with an old boiler wired in then I'm wiring the new boiler up to it, end of. Just swapping like for like. Which I believe is a " healthy bird"

Thanks for the chuckle.
Good night.

Good luck to you mate, hope you get caught breaking the law, because you and most people here spout CC ooohhh customers must touch that, becasue the HSE says so, and yet the HSE bring out part p and you say, oh its okat its only a FCU ill do it, good luck, hope it never comes back on you, but if it does, your excauses are going to heard by the very least a magistrate.

Is there anyone reading this who is also aware of the law, please enlighten these Neantherthals on the law!!!

(im lookin towards you Johnmward02) :)

How many sparkies do you know that are Gassafe registered to work on gas appliance.

While on the subject how many are G3 registered to wire an unvented cylinder or an oil boiler.

Yes. Any electrical work necessary to complete the install.
Why would I want a sparky to come and mess it up.

Seen an oil combi boiler heating an unvented cylinder
replaced because it was wired
wrong. Nothing wrong with it.

Just heating engineer and sparky didn't have the joint
knowledge to do it right.

Customer had to pick up the tab.

Maybe sparks dont want RGI's messing with their electrical system, have a think about that!

No. I don't expect electricians to understand heating circuits although
some will. Similar
I don't think I would expect myself to know all the rules and regulations
for all house wiring. I come from both sides of the fence. Having a degree in electronic engineer I understand electrics perhaps not so much
power electrics.

How many sparkies do you know that are Gassafe registered to work on gas appliance.

While on the subject how many are G3 registered to wire an unvented cylinder or an oil boiler.

Quite a few, its not that unusual.

Whats unusual about oil fired boiler, they are only freestanding smelly, mainly used in rural areas boilers, whats you r point about them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back