How to cope with Trump? And Boris.

It's no use trying to inform gasbag, he gets his pleasure in life from posting false stories and trying to irritate people.

Sponsored Links
It's no use trying to inform gasbag, he gets his pleasure in life from posting false stories and trying to irritate people.

He's talking out of his rear. It's like me becoming an authority on Plumbing from google searches. He is full of poo like Roger. They absolutely have no idea how economies work other than I get paid and I spend money.

Ukraine is neither an EU member , nor a NATO member.
Had they been, things would probably be very different. Ukraine wants EU and NATO membership.
As it is, there is considerable pro-EU/Nato and pro-Russian schisms in Ukraine. But the western nations gave Russia some serious warning over any further encroachment into Ukraine.
If the Crimean people requested assistance against Russian intervention I suspect that either there would not have been any encroachment in the first place, or a negotiated withdrawal would ensue.
The Crimean people are overwhelmingly pro Russian it was they who requested Russian intervention, when the Crimean people had their own referendum the Russians offered the Americans the opportunity to send observers to verify that the referendum wasn't fixed, the Americans refused because they didn't want to be in the embarrassing position of having to endorse the referendum as fair when the had been shouting to the world that it would be fixed.
They were outsmarted by Putin again.

But the EU’s economy is collectively larger than that of the US.
Uh, Google says the GDP of the US is $18T, and for the EU it is $17T, so the EU is smaller. Per capita figures are $57k for US and $36k for EU, so even smaller still. Author got his numbers wrong?
wes.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Uh, Google says the GDP of the US is $18T, and for the EU it is $17T, so the EU is smaller. Per capita figures are $57k for US and $36k for EU, so even smaller still. Author got his numbers wrong?
View attachment 144615

If that's from World bank I think its 2016 figures and the author may have been using more recent figures. You have a link to where you got your info from.

You can measure GDP using income, expenditure or production approach - it should theoretically come to the same amount. Also the value used can be nominal in constant dollars or a PPP approach.

(y)

The Crimean people are overwhelmingly pro Russian it was they who requested Russian intervention

Ah yes, like the people of Czechoslovakia requested Soviet intervention in 1968, and the people of Hungary in 1956, and the people of Poland requested it in 1939

Ah yes, like the people of Czechoslovakia requested Soviet intervention in 1968, and the people of Hungary in 1956, and the people of Poland requested it in 1939
Might not be like. That has no bearing on whether the people of the Crimea did or not.

Do you know definitively?
Or is it because Putin is nasty to women and doesn't have a daughter?

Might not be like.

Except in so far as massive military force takes control of parts of a weaker neighbour.

Supporters of massive country claim that the residents of the weaker neighbour invited them in.

Are any of my statements incorrect?

If not, then it is like.

Same thing happened in the Sudetenland

Putin is just as well aware of the historical antecedents as I am. Or more.

"massive military force takes control of parts of a weaker neighbour."

Did Russian forces take control of Crimea?

I say yes.

What do you say?

Germany and France less than the 2%.
False - AGAIN.
Are you incapable of posting the truth or is it that your DM articles only provide you with half the story.

Look up the initials GDP and ask a grown up what they mean. Math's has never been one of your strong points.

Sponsored Links
Back