How to remove fixed shortcuts from monitor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help with this problem. Normally when browsing around the internet , when I see something of any interest , I just right click and select shortcut , which normally results in producing a small icon on the left hand side of my desktop ,which I can click onto at any later date.What I have now on my desktop display is a large advertisement for the site , which obscures my normal screen .I have tried everything to get rid of aforementioned article .Any sugestions to remedy this would be greatly appreciated , Mike .

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just add any sites you find interesting to your favourites? :confused:

Have you tried just right clicking on this huge icon and then clicking Delete from the menu that appears?

then start windows explorer, browse to your desktop and find & remove it that way.
Also right click on the desktop, select properties and find the tab that deals with your background, it may have been changed by one of these sites - change it back to something you prefer.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you could have installed an 'active desktop'.
As matty said,
Also right click on the desktop, select properties and find the tab that deals with your background, it may have been changed by one of these sites - change it back to something you prefer.

If you do not think you DID install or enable anything, then run a decent antispyware program, NOW!

Super Antispyware is what i use along with malwarebytes and avira when doing housekeeping on my pc.
Google em if you need to.

Back