How's work going

Sponsored Links
I don`t think it`s gonna be easy turning around work in Sx. I don`t want to be a doom monger but I`ve seen 4 generations of my family ( my son , back to my grandfather ) all in the building game and it`s always been tough . I reckon it`s because , although there is money in the county , the vast majority are stretched to the limit - and the ones with money never want to part with it :LOL: There is not enough people basically - and miles of crap roads in between . You`re better off in N. Kent or Essex where you can access The Smoke . Harbour , are you doing Joinery or carpentry ? . If it`s carpentry and you get a bathroom or kitchen , feel free to PM me if there is some plumbing ( not gas ) or plastering - and son`s M8 is a floor/wall tiler :idea:

Yeah E SX is a strange area to work in, to get work from local folks it help's if your'e born local ,some guy's work very cheap its imposible to compete £150 to fit a velux ,most of my work come's from ex London ,I do joinery when its needed but workshop is very uncomercial

Sponsored Links
This has been the busiest year on record for us i reckon. taken on more lads and theres more work coming in all the time, crazy stuff. Mostly central london.

Re-structured, re-organised, decided upon a target market and things have never ever been better. I was lurching from job to job to make sure I made enough money each day. A poor business practise to be honest, but now I'm pricing heating jobs too high as I don't have the time but customers are accepting them because my approach is better than the rest. Its the small differences.

It's been hard work though and huge input on my behalf to get to this position, but I have got myself one 'step ahead' and I'm trying to maintain it.

W.

Were pricing at the equivalent of 20 years ago just to survive.
But the main thing is too survive and hopefully watch the undercutting cowboys fall by the wayside.

We priced a job recently labour only. £6k.
Another guy got the job for £5k.

Three weeks work and subtract £1k per week running costs. So you have £1k per week wages for three men.
Was earning more than that back in 1990.
Hey what do I know, I'm just a big dumb farmboy. :LOL:

Booked solid for 12 months. Mainly due to loads of hard work and diligence (pricing wise) throughout last Autumn and Winter.

You have to jump through hoops for a while and be totally selfless and professional, but it pays off in the end. All our work is recommendation. I do not advertise.

Be at the job every day and on time until it is finished.

Tidy up every day and have a big clean on Fridays.

No radio. No fags.

Bring our own tea stuff.

Be transparent and honest.

Sill busy and looking for another bloke, but finding i'm pricing up more work to stay this busy.It seems Very competitive on the pricing front at the moment. Keep being thankful for it, turning up and doing the right job, hopefully we'll continue to move forwards.

Sponsored Links
Back