human rights lawyers have blocked 1st plane of asylum seekers to Rwanda

Fudging hilarious. Six passengers desperate to stay in the UK have an airplane all to themselves. Meanwhile airline pilots at popular airports are personally removing baggage from aircraft that can't take off because his flying hours have been exceeded. This country is well and truly fudged.

Sponsored Links
To me it sounds like a method of getting some of the backlog in processing refugees out of the country. That based on the comments that they will be processed there. Does little about the people already here or the routes other than illegal channel crossing.

The govs own figures

Asylum caseload

• As of June 2021, the total ‘work in progress’ asylum caseload consisted of 125,000 cases. Of these, 57,000 cases were awaiting an initial decision at the end of 2020, 5,900 were awaiting the outcome of an appeal, and approximately 39,500 cases were subject to removal action.

• The total asylum caseload has doubled in size since 2014, driven both by applicants waiting longer for an initial decision and a growth in the number of people subject to removal action following a negative decision.
Between 2004 to 2021, around three-quarters of applicants refused asylum at initial decision lodged an appeal and almost one third of those appeals were allowed.

The number of refused asylum seekers subject to removal action has been growing since 2014 and consisted of 39,500 people as of June 2020.

Last edited:
The missing piece of info really is numbers that are actually given asylum or resettlement deals. Always a lot less than the numbers that apply.

I in 4 are successful, 3 in 4 need to exit the UK as they have no valid reason to be here.

Sponsored Links
I in 4 are successful, 3 in 4 need to exit the UK as they have no valid reason to be here.
That has included big boat people who have lived here most of their lives / rather a long time.

I changes some of their own words used for data into bold - for a reason.

The backlog in cases isn’t down to increased immigration, it is due to the Home Office slowing down the whole process.

I voted for Brexit mainly to sort this problem out. We are supposed to be the 5th richest country in the world, yet we have poverty, food banks, clothing banks, people living........no, existing on the streets, Forces veterans can not even get on the housing list, Pensioners in poverty, yet we pay for illegal immigrants, Yes, Illegal immigrants, not asylum seekers, to stay in hotels, give them money, "3 squares & a cot" homeless British people would give their right arm for the same treatment. Cant get a doctors appt for 3 weeks, dentist, forget it, NHS, overwhelmed, too many people in a small country. We need to get shut of anyone who comes illegally, give support to those who need it most, not this 20 year old rabble who`s just looking for an easy ride, & the worse it gets, the more people are turning to the extreme right, it needs sorting.

I voted for Brexit mainly to sort this problem out. We are supposed to be the 5th richest country in the world, yet we have poverty, food banks, clothing banks, people living........no, existing on the streets, Forces veterans can not even get on the housing list, Pensioners in poverty, yet we pay for illegal immigrants, Yes, Illegal immigrants, not asylum seekers, to stay in hotels, give them money, "3 squares & a cot" homeless British people would give their right arm for the same treatment. Cant get a doctors appt for 3 weeks, dentist, forget it, NHS, overwhelmed, too many people in a small country. We need to get shut of anyone who comes illegally, give support to those who need it most, not this 20 year old rabble who`s just looking for an easy ride, & the worse it gets, the more people are turning to the extreme right, it needs sorting.
Well said.

If the govt wanted to deal with illegal immigrants they would tackle the visa overstayers

It doesn't.

The government doesn't want to deal with "visa overstayers" (another name for illegal immigrants).

I presume we have all heard about the events in Peckham on Saturday? Police turned up to arrest a visa overstayer and were chased away by a mob. This also happened in Glasgow a few months ago.

Are these the actions of a government that wants to tackle "visa overstayers"? So much for the rule of law.

I voted for Brexit mainly to sort this problem out. We are supposed to be the 5th richest country in the world, yet we have poverty, food banks, clothing banks, people living........no, existing on the streets, Forces veterans can not even get on the housing list, Pensioners in poverty

All of which are caused by decades of Conservative government.

All the problems in the UK you have mentioned are caused by decades of Conservative rule.
And look at how they have brainwashed you into blaming refugees.

the NHS is overwhelmed because the Conservative govt have siphoned off money to private contracts.

Its funny how you blame refugees for costing this country money

I don’t see you complaining about Owen Paterson taking a £500k bung
I don’t see you complaining about Brexit costing this country billions
I don’t see you complaining the Rwanda scheme is a total waste of money.
I don’t see you complaining about the Rwanda scheme means refugees coming from Rwanda

but then you don’t because you’ve been brainwashed by the Tory party.

The people smugglers will be as happy as pigs in wat sit

:giggle:

The french will be as happy a pigs in wat sit :giggle: blimey if this policy works ??? How else will the french get rid of said migrants:giggle:

The rubber boat manufacturers will be happy increased sales

Every cloud and all that :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Back