I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not look at what happens when somebody dies with no will and no relatives. That's just as irrelevant as your example.
no its not because that person is dead and doesnt need the money unlike the person who has the unused account . They have lost their savings which you said cant happen .

Sponsored Links
Can't lose **** all if you're dead - that's why they were dormant.

Are you suggesting that the government will just take the money from savings accounts without attempting to contact the account holder because there's been no activity? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realise that Premium Bonds were index linked & paid interest . . . . Oh, wait !

On what planet is £100 20yrs ago worth £100 today & £100 in 20yrs time?

Hey, can you put Premium Bonds on the 3.30 @ Doncaster????

Sponsored Links
Sorry, my bad. I didn't realise that Premium Bonds were index linked & paid interest . . . . Oh, wait !

On what planet is £100 20yrs ago worth £100 today & £100 in 20yrs time?

Hey, can you put Premium Bonds on the 3.30 @ Doncaster????
You were not talking about 'worth'. You were talking about keeping your original stake in your pocket for a year, waving it in peoples faces and calling it a win, win, win.

Our premium bonds are easy access cash money. I'm not interested in 'investing' that amount. Even if we put £100k in an easy access cash account, the best rate we could get is about .7%. That's just over two £25 wins per month. We're not losing but if you kept it in your pocket, you would be!

Where's Gas gone? He's gone all quiet. :whistle:
na i was just speaking to the mrs saying there is a guy on here who thinks having 100k is worth bragging about more or less daily

Bear in mind that a Premium Bond is almost exactly a cash savings account paying slightly over the odds in interest. Interest rates are currently very low. The account is with an institution that is "guaranteed" not to go bust, default, or run off with your savings.

The amount you saved is unchanged and not at risk.

And this is why we have them. The difference, if any, between the interest on the best instant access savings account and what we win on bonds is negligible. I don't want to invest it so it not a matter of what the average percentage payout on bonds are against the rate of inflation. It's between what I could get in any other instant access account and our bond winnings. Maybe if there was something I could put it into that would beat the rate of inflation with absolutely no chance of losing it, I might consider it but while the general interest rate is poop, I'll keep them in.

Anyone on here getting better than the rate of inflation with instant access with a guarantee that your investments won't go down or disappear? Didn't think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back