I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Yep. All quiet on the Gas front.
at least my misunderstanding of the governments dormant account policy has given you something to divert your attention away from your constant bragging about a mere 100k

Sponsored Links
Yep. Perhaps you'll check your 'facts' first in future. Glad to have educated you. (y)
but still correct that people can lose savings as you admitted yourself , you never know we may get a government in the future that implements it ,
you may find yourself having to brag daily about 60k instead of 100k ;)

Not long now. Get ready........

E502CB9B-C34A-4202-ABF1-555AC49E64BE.gif

well, they have already reduced the balance by the amount of my withdrawal. Should hit my bank about 3rd

i think the modern problem with savings and premium bonds along with other interest based investments is because the government has gone for quantitive easing [printing money ]any money you have from a year ago is now worth perhaps 3-8% less maybe even more i dont know :confused:

i think the modern problem with savings and premium bonds along with other interest based investments is because the government has gone for quantitive easing [printing money] any money you have from a year ago is now worth perhaps 3-8% less maybe even more i dont know :confused:

yes, with interest rates below inflation, you are guaranteed to lose value from your savings.

however this is not a "modern" problem.

A government with a large public debt often manages to inflate the currency until its debts shrivel up.

here's an 80p coin I found down the back of the sofa

upload_2016-7-1_16-53-10-png.101351

yes, with interest rates below inflation, you are guaranteed to lose value from your savings.

however this is not a "modern" problem.

A government with a large public debt often manages to inflate the currency until its debts shrivel up.

here's an 80p coin I found down the back of the sofa

upload_2016-7-1_16-53-10-png.101351

ok may be wrong description i remember driving a train between caterham and charring CROSS in 1992 and interest rates every 2 hours or so where raised perhaps 2 percentage points and eventually when something like 12% intrerest rates didnt work we left the erm

Nuffink for me, Nuffink for Mrs Mottie, Nuffink for our son, Nuffink for Mrs Motties mum, 2 X £25 for my mum. I blame Putin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back