I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's the one. The savings side, not the investment side. (y)

In case you're unaware, investments can go down as well as up. Savings cant go down. Tell yer mate, I don't think he believes me.
Really savings cant go down ? never heard of negative interest rates

Sponsored Links
Really savings cant go down ? never heard of negative interest rates
The savings amount will not go down. It will remain constant. For ever.

I have a genuine winning system for premium bonds, horse racing, card games, lotteries, raffles, bingo etc etc etc, in fact it covers almost every form of £cash gambling.

Step 1. Take your stake money & put it back in your pocket.

Step 2. Wait for the results to be announced.

Step 3. Take your original stake money out of your pocket & waive it at all the losers.

Guaranteed 100% fail safe. WIN WIN WIN every time.

Pratto was talking about his original stake. That stake amount will always remain constant.

I suggest you ask him how keeping his original stake is a win, win, win.

Yes, that's the one. The savings side, not the investment side. (y)

In case you're unaware, investments can go down as well as up. Savings cant go down. Tell yer mate, I don't think he believes me.
tell that to the thousands who had their savings grabbed by cypriot government in 2013 or as the uk government does with dormant accounts

tell that to the thousands who had their savings grabbed by cypriot government in 2013 or as the uk government does with dormant accounts
Maximum holding per person with premium bonds is £50k. Guaranteed protected by the UK government. Stop digging.

Sponsored Links
Maximum holding per person with premium bonds is £50k. Guaranteed protected by the UK government. Stop digging.
im sure the people of cyprus believed the same and as i said dormant accounts can be lost so technically you are wrong when you say you cant lose savings , stop digging

im sure the people of cyprus believed the same and as i said dormant accounts can be lost so technically you are wrong when you say you cant lose savings , stop digging

I'm sure I could give you half a dozen examples of foreign ****-hole countries that have grabbed peoples savings if I was that desperate to split hairs and save face.

We are talking about savings via premium bonds in the U.K. backed by the UK government. Nothing else. You lose.

I'm sure I could give you half a dozen examples of foreign ****-hole countries that have grabbed peoples savings if I was that desperate to split hairs and save face.

We are talking about savings via premium bonds in the U.K. backed by the UK government. Nothing else. You lose.
no you said you could not lose your savings not premium bonds . Which even in this country the government can take your savings , keep up or word your comments correctly

the government guarantees that Premium Bonds will retain their nominal value.

If you buy £100 worth today, they will still be worth £100 in one, ten, or fifty years.

However, with inflation running at 6.5%, you are guaranteed that, in real terms, your £100 will be worth only £93.50 in a years time.

Would you want a guarantee that your wages would never go down or up?

no you said you could not lose your savings not premium bonds . Which even in this country the government can take your savings , keep up or word your comments correctly
You can't lose your savings in this country if it is backed by the Government. The amount will not reduce. The value may, but the amount won't. Before you split hairs further, there are certain conditions when they can such as if they were proceeds of crime. We are not talking about that.
I'm surprised you've not mentioned the Icelandic banking crisis - that's irrelevant to this thread too.

If you buy £100 worth today, they will still be worth £100 in one, ten, or fifty years.

However, with inflation running at 6.5%, you are guaranteed that, in real terms, your £100 will be worth only £93.50 in a years time.

Would you want a guarantee that your wages would never go down or up?
yes but look at all the bragging about how much he has he would miss out on

Correct. But that not what I was talking about. We were talking about dorklards STAKE MONEY.

You can't lose your savings in this country if it is backed by the Government. The amount will not reduce. The value may, but the amount won't. Before you split hairs further, there are certain conditions when they can such as if they were proceeds of crime. We are not talking about that.
I'm surprised you've not mentioned the Icelandic banking crisis - that's irrelevant to this thread too.
suggest you look at what happens with dormant accounts in this country

Worse still, your £50,000 would only be "worth" £46,750

And your £100,000 would only be "worth" £93,500

Some people will tell you they don't care.

It's possible they are not telling the truth.

suggest you look at what happens with dormant accounts in this country
Why not look at what happens when somebody dies with no will and no relatives. That's just as irrelevant as your example.

Worse still, your £50,000 would only be "worth" £46,750

And your £100,000 would only be "worth" £93,500

Some people will tell you they don't care.

It's possible they are not telling the truth.
You've had yours long enough and only mentioned that you were cashing them in this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back