I’m getting fed up with premium bonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Buy some XRP, QNT, SOL or AVAX or CHAINLINK or LUNA you will thank me one day, now is possibly cheaper than ever.

Someone's done well this month with a £25 bond bought (reinvested?) in September last year. Just shows that small amounts can do well.

1,250 quids worth bought in the same month won £100,000 too.

Just the luck of the draw.

C696DD23-DC2A-4BB0-8E36-3D3B5AAA09B0.jpeg

Nonsense

Like the rest of your claim.
Really? So you consider your posts 85, 104, 119, 252, 301, 303, 316, 320, 325, 329, 399 on topic for this thread? I'd say that was pretty constant off-topic but let's not spoil the thread with off-topic bickering eh?

Sponsored Links
With inflation rising, another warning to people who hold cash-based savings.

https://www.ft.com/content/21db4393-66d6-4e9b-9f09-77973b20a7d6

"The savings of millions of pensioners are at risk from inflation due to holding Isa portfolios purely in cash, according to new data from HM Revenue & Customs. The information from a Freedom of Information request filed by Sir Steve Webb, former pensions minister and partner at London pension consultants Lane Clark & Peacock, reveals the risk which spiking inflation poses to older savers. “These figures show that huge amounts of money are sitting rotting in cash Isas,” said Webb. “With inflation soaring, the spending power of cash savings is being savagely reduced.”

"Cash Isas can be convenient for some activities, said Helen Morrissey, senior pensions and investments analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown. “Keeping some part of your retirement savings in cash is a good idea — for instance keeping between one and three years’ worth of essential expenses in an easy-to-access account means you can meet your daily needs while making sure the rest of your money is working as hard as it can.” But even fixed-term cash Isas, which typically offer better deals than their instant-access counterparts, are unlikely to offer rates higher than 1 per cent, despite last year’s rate increase by the Bank of England. “We’ve had a decade or so of really benign inflation conditions,” said Tom Selby, head of retirement policy at investment platform AJ Bell. “People who have just shoved money into a cash account and aren’t thinking about inflation will get a shock in 10 to 15 years time.”

UK inflation rose to 5.4 per cent in the year to December, above economists’ forecasts and its highest rate for 30 years."

I'd say that was pretty constant off-topic but let's not spoil the thread with off-topic bickering eh?
You start a financial related thread criticising a savings scheme, inviting posters to share their knowledge of the subject. Off topic - how?

Get real mottie.

You start a financial related thread criticising a savings scheme, inviting posters to share their knowledge of the subject. Off topic - how?

Get real mottie.
The thread has morphed, as they often do. Get real Nosey! Anyway, this month we've got the max going into the draw so might have more luck. :rolleyes: It's a bit of fun - a gamble where we don't lose our stake that we have instant access to. Personally, I'd rather that than investing it where there's a chance of losing it. A friend of ours is down by over £50k that she invested in RBS shares but luckily she can afford it.

Like gamblers, investors will always tell you of the brilliant investments they make but unless they are real friends, you'll never hear of their losses.

Last edited:
I wonder what new premium bonds mottie has in mind...
About another £20k's worth each since I started this thread. I suddenly realised it was just instant access fun money and not a serious investment. You play with your money, I'll play with mine. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back