I found out my electrician was not NICEIC registered??

It so the op can feed the extension lead through the letter box to it, for outside power.

hahaha that is really funny, not sure if I should be laughing and even if I have read it right but it made me laugh out loud anyway - thank you just what I need :p

Sponsored Links
I'm amazed this 'electrician' is prepared to go to court. He doesn't seem to have got anything right. He is the ultimate cowboy. He shouldn't be paid anything.

Out of interest, how much was he charging?

I was amazed originally that he wanted to go to court and now I am even more amazed after hearing everyone's replies

He's confident he has done nothing wrong and thats an even bigger worry for anyone having work done from him in the future

When the court case is over, please come back and tell us what happened.

This is a civil case - don't know how much gets into the public domain, but after any criminal prosecution you're free to name names.

You might like to check with your solicitor about whether you should have posted as much detail and if not if you should remove it. Also check with Trading Standards about whether it might prejudice any criminal proceedings.

You don't need to understand what the reports mean for the case - that's why you have employed experts to present the shortcomings.

Re #6:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mary+wherry+death

You might like to check with your solicitor about whether you should have posted as much detail and if not if you should remove it. Also check with Trading Standards about whether it might prejudice any criminal proceedings.
Might it not perhaps be prudent to ask the mods to remove the entire thread, 'just to be sure'?

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
It's a good thread, and one which could be very informative to others in the future. I'm not sure that could prejudice any case, since we don't know the "electrician's" name, the posters name, or even exactly where in the country either of them are.

Perhaps, though, to be on the safe side - would it be possible for the mods to lock and hide the thread until such time as the OP lets them know that the case is over or that Trading Standards don't think it will affect anything they might want to do?

It's a good thread, and one which could be very informative to others in the future. I'm not sure that could prejudice any case, since we don't know the "electrician's" name, the posters name, or even exactly where in the country either of them are.
Perhaps, though, to be on the safe side - would it be possible for the mods to lock and hide the thread until such time as the OP lets them know that the case is over or that Trading Standards don't think it will affect anything they might want to do?
I agree. I'll see if the the mods can do that.

Kind Regards, John.

ban-all-sheds
Thanks for your reply and especially the link that you have provided me with,
I am so glad that I got the report carried out by the other company now and it proves yet again that the issues raised could most definately have been fatal if not found at the stage they were - most greatful to you!!!

well done for checking his shoddy work by employing someone competent. have you printed off a copy of his website showing the claim of NIC registration if you haven't do so asap as he could change it at any time. and that would lose you the impact at court.

You really must involve Building Control. The whole objective of their involvement in controlling electrical installations is to avoid horrors such as this. A Building Control involvement would kill any case he tries to make.

If Building Control won't do anything about this woeful installation, then there's no point in anyone, cowboy or diyer, paying to notify in future.

You really must involve Building Control. The whole objective of their involvement in controlling electrical installations is to avoid horrors such as this. A Building Control involvement would kill any case he tries to make.

If Building Control won't do anything about this woeful installation, then there's no point in anyone, cowboy or diyer, paying to notify in future.

Thank You!! I haven't been sure on what to do about BC but I have just called them an raised the issue with them. I am now waiting for the Duty Officer to call back - Let's see what they say.

that work is terrible.

It would be interesting to see a pic or two of the insides of some of the wired switches/sockets, just to see if it shows any more shoddy details, but agree with other posters here that the OP perhaps should be cautious about how much is said or shown here until after the legals have finished.

Missed it when i first looked, but the door-socket is a work of art :eek:

OP, when this guy turned up in the mornings, did you notice anything odd about him? (like a carrier bag stuck to his face and a overwhelming smell of glue?)

that work is terrible.

It would be interesting to see a pic or two of the insides of some of the wired switches/sockets, just to see if it shows any more shoddy details, but agree with other posters here that the OP perhaps should be cautious about how much is said or shown here until after the legals have finished.

Missed it when i first looked, but the door-socket is a work of art :eek:

OP, when this guy turned up in the mornings, did you notice anything odd about him? (like a carrier bag stuck to his face and a overwhelming smell of glue?)

if only it would have been that obvious!!

Thanks for your reply. I have carried out some investigations and checked whether this forum conversation would cause any problems with my court case and I have been told it would not seeing as no names etc have been given, so as long as I do not disclose certain information it can continue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back