I hate domestics yet again.

That may sum it up nicely. I always try to be clear and describe issues in terms they understand, such as using the same terms they do such as fusebox etc. The Elderly and their mature offspring like to deal with mature contractors and offer such refreshments and chat, especially in rural situations and I've sometimes felt I've offended by refusing the hospitality.
A chat with another sparks once asked me how come I always seem to be offered tea and munchies... he is a gobby youngster, thinks he's gods gift and insists on using correct terms and corrects customer...

I think we all know people like that.
Yes.

I hate it when there's an informal chat, and someone goes on about lamps, line, phase, low voltage for 230v, etc, etc...

If it's meant to impress me, it doesn't.

Sponsored Links
Yesterdays little job:

"Sunray, can you just go and replace some sockets, they asked for you by name."

I phoned and said I'd be there in 20 minutes. Greeted by elderly gentleman moving around quite freely with; "You don't take sugar do you, Carrot cake?"

2 sockets had got damaged by cables being pulled.

I don't always hate domestics :giggle:

When his daughter got there she told him off for not offering the choice of lime drizzle cake too... "But you know that's my favourite." Said her father.

Last edited:
Yesterdays little job:

"Sunray, can you just go and replace some sockets, they asked for you by name."

I phoned and said I'd be there in 20 minutes. Greeted by elderly gentleman moving around quite freely with; "You don't take sugar do you, Carrot cake?"

2 sockets had got damaged by cables being pulled.

I don't always hate domestics :giggle:

When his daughter got there she told him off for not offering the choice of lime drizzle cake too... "But you know that's my favourite." Said her father.

Amazing, there the ones you go the extra mile for.

Rarely get that sort of client these days. I always try to be when a tradesman comes to mind.

Sponsored Links
Amazing, there the ones you go the extra mile for.

Rarely get that sort of client these days. I always try to be when a tradesman comes to mind.
I always try to do well but as you say that bit extra for the right person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back