I haven't panic bought, have you ?

Well asda still got EuroMillions Tickets :D. I think i going to strike up a deal with the local over 70's to get my shopping. Could be a good earner for the over 70's

Sponsored Links
Not panic buying but ended up buying stuff for others today. Paracetamols mainly. My daughter wanted some and so did my mate and his wife who are both indoors with a cold and are self isolating. Well, they are hoping it’s a cold - no coughing or high temp. Yet! Bought last 2 packs from the shop opposite my workshop, the last pack from the shop at the end of the road and a double pack from a chemist who had literally just had a delivery. All normal prices (£1.40 a pack for paracetamol plus caffeine capsules in the corner shops and £1.49 for a 32 caplet pack in chemists) and all within 500 metres from me in East London (just can’t get them round my way) but one dirty robbing corner shop **** bastard wanted £2 a packet for some standard tablets - surprisingly he had loads of 'em. I told him to stick them where the sun doesn’t shine. Posted 3 packs through my mates door on the way past - didn’t want to see or speak to him - his wife is on the high risk list too. I hope it is just a cold they have. :unsure:

Mottie was in Asda at teatime and it wasn't too bad. Still bare shelves for certain stuff. Most people where stocking up on booze that i could see. My mate moved to Bury and most mornings he called at the newsagent for cigs and a paper. He changed the days he worked and went in one morning for his cigs and paper and it was a quid dearer. He asked why and the shop keeper said it's because it market day.

I had a walk to tesco today about lunchtime (working from home, needed to get out), and needed milk, tea bags, heinz ketchup (kids!) , and bread.

Looked like the end of days.

Got everything I went in for, but everything I specifically went in for was last dregs.
If I was five minutes later, I might have got nothing.

Takeaway tonight, support your local business(y)

Sponsored Links
I tried Asda in Burnley at 16:45 today, managed to get some fresh vegetables for the mother in law to make soups etc. with.
I got a fresh tiger loaf - thats enough for me lol

This "allowing OAP's early entry" is a load of BS as Asda are letting in anyone

This whole debacle could have been prevented by the supermarkets, they ought to have recognised a rush on stuff quite quickly but they did nowt to stop it, after all who wants to tell off your customer and stop them shopping there.

Not panic buying but ended up buying stuff for others today. Paracetamols mainly. My daughter wanted some and so did my mate and his wife who are both indoors with a cold and are self isolating. Well, they are hoping it’s a cold - no coughing or high temp. Yet! Bought last 2 packs from the shop opposite my workshop, the last pack from the shop at the end of the road and a double pack from a chemist who had literally just had a delivery. All normal prices (£1.40 a pack for paracetamol plus caffeine capsules in the corner shops and £1.49 for a 32 caplet pack in chemists) and all within 500 metres from me in East London (just can’t get them round my way) but one dirty robbing corner shop **** bastard wanted £2 a packet for some standard tablets - surprisingly he had loads of 'em. I told him to stick them where the sun doesn’t shine. Posted 3 packs through my mates door on the way past - didn’t want to see or speak to him - his wife is on the high risk list too. I hope it is just a cold they have. :unsure:

My mate text me last night. A friend of his wife died aged 54.

but one dirty robbing corner shop **** bastard wanted £2 a packet for some standard tablets - surprisingly he had loads of 'em. I told him to stick them where the sun doesn’t shine.

And if does this and overdoses you could be an accessory to a whole lot of mess.

No matter what you see on the news, it makes it just that little bit more real when you hear about it personally.

No matter what you see on the news, it makes it just that little bit more real when you hear about it personally.

This is what I told the missus, who had been quite flippant about it.
Until she sees the number of her friends who seem likely to lose loved ones to this, its gravity will remain lost on her.

Firstly Bodd that brings it home when someone close to your family passes away from Corona.

Brigadier most of the places near me now doing Take away instead with 30% off the menu price. Domino's operate a contactless delivery now if you want it.

Daughter was upset as her pub now closed for 3 months. It's her first full time job since collage and she just bought a car too. My son finished for collage for three months and he not allowed in his work placement either. On the plus side for me i got my brew maker back and a free labourer for any jobs that need doing. And while they not helping me going to see if Age Uk need stuff delivering to local O.A.P's as they ain't sitting round the house on Skype and the X box.

My youngest son has lost his volunteer job and now stays at home - which I'm glad about.
My eldest son has been put on isolation working from home but still has to go into work once a week for stuff that cannot leave the premises, he is already bored.
I shopped for the aged MIL yesterday and got her enough food to keep her in soup for the week as she cannot get a delivery, I dropped it off at the door, she disinfected everything.
I still have to go into work but I work in an area alone and do not touch anything anyone else touched without considering it, using fresh paper towels or disinfecting it - I use hand sanitizer afterwards.
Not touching the face is very hard to do, especially with a beard (seems to promote itching) and dry skin so I am keeping to a rule of left hand face, right hand door handles etc. to reduce the possibility of lurgy transfer, its not foolproof but helps.
The first thing I do when I get into work is collect a disinfectant spray and roll of paper towel and I go around the whole factory and disinfect every door, handle - push plate, glass pane etc. that others could have touched.
I instigated some new cleaning equipment to stop certain people using the wrong mop in the workshop (the toilets one! yeuch!).

Walking in a big arc around others is now common place.

I am taking this seriously - are you?
Some of my work colleagues are not, they thinks its a fuss about nothing and will blow over.

I expect the pub down the road will still be open tonight, full of the regulars but with the blinds down.
I have a future photo of them.
unknown.png

Don't let this be you too, no patient has left this ward alive recently.

Matty you quite right and processed food that is made on a automated production line possibly the safest for the elderly at the mo due to limited human contact before sealing. The missus works in a hospital and her hands are now like prunes with all the washing.

Sponsored Links
Back