I haven't panic bought, have you ?

Sponsored Links
Back on topic. Went out today to get some provisions. Went on my scooter. First stop, local bakers. Shop empty, shelves loaded. Bought a seeded bloomer and a French stick. Next stop the fishmongers where I bought a kilo of live mussels for tea tonight and a couple of kippers for breakfast tomorrow. Then I went to Sainsbury. Bought a bit of beef for tomorrow and a a chicken crown for in the week. There were literally only 5 chicken crowns left in the whole of the chicken aisle. No fresh bread either. Bought a couple of bottles of filtered milk. Found a safe way to go around too - I was wearing disposable gloves but kept my full face crash helmet on and didn’t even lift the visor. Nobody batted an eyelid. :whistle: Going to take the dog for a walk to my allotment later to grab a bunch of my own parsley. Moules and frittes tonight. (y)
Bread, glorious bread.
CCE56598-DF82-42D3-8AAD-E112C129C211.jpeg

I thought I saw a loaf of bread named after Notchy in my local shop the other day but in closer inspection it sad 'Thick cut'. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Just walked into a local large hardware store. Never seen the sign.
But seen the 5 blokes standing close to each other (closer than one meter) behind the tape barrier talking.
Could see no one in the shop and two behind the counter scratching themselves.
Lifted my stuff and went to pay. Then asked to get in the que.
Left my stuff back on the shelf and walked out.

Where is the logic behind that? The shop is huge.

Last edited:
Just been for a walk to our allotment to get my parsley for tonight it’s about a 30 minute walk away. Mrs M is just as much a nightmare to walk with as she is to cycle with. We must have walked double the distance as she insisted on crossing the road every time another person was walking towards us to keep the regulation 2 metres away from anybody. :mad:

I'm going to make my first visit to Tesco (since panic buying became fashionable) shortly.....

Well, after my shopping efforts for father in law, he still won't keep going to tesco, despite having nothing in every day this week. He's going every single day now. When asked why he went yesterday, his reply was "I wanted Lemon sherberts". The man has a stash of about 16 bags of those and other boiled sweets...

We've now told him that after Sunday, we are no longer going around to visit, just drop off things at his door if he needs them. Told him the official stance was the vulnerable and elderly to self-isolate, but pointed out that actually, it's him that's putting us at risk by his sudden need to go shopping every day, esp as when we turn up he tries to hug and kiss us. He was a bit shocked and we hope it now hits home.

Panic, panic, panic.
This is what I see around here in west London.
Don't quite understand why everyone is scared of dying when in fact the get themselves and their loved one in a car everyday for no less than 5000 miles a year.
More chances of dying in a car accident, but the concern is now if you touch a shopping trolley.
My view is that we all have to go one way or another.
I don't tempt faith by licking the supermarket shelves, but panicking is not helping.
Be sensible as you should always be, keep your hands out of your nose and mouth and don't cough on people but in a tissue.
I've always done this, what's changed?
Can't shake hands?
Honestly, i am truly an idiot, but i'm pretty sure that no virus can pass through hands' skin or crawl up to our mouth.
Relax, don't be scared of dying, we will all do one day.
Of course minimize the chances, but this should also mean leave the car at home, correct?

Be sensible as you should always be, keep your hands out of your nose and mouth and don't cough on people but in a tissue.
I've always done this, what's changed?
Can't shake hands?
Honestly, i am truly an idiot, but i'm pretty sure that no virus can pass through hands' skin or crawl up to our mouth.
Relax, don't be scared of dying, we will all do one day.
No, virus don't pass through the skin or crawl into a mouth. However, a virus can be transferred by shaking hands and then touching the face, mouth, nose, eyes.
This is why they ask for no handshaking....

Even if you think people are panicking, and think some of these preventative measures are just silly, it's still no reason to take the chance on behalf of others.

It'll be very quick - nothing to buy!
Not too bad actually. Was able to buy stuff for the tea. No canned/bottled booze left on the shelves but plenty of wine. The loo roll alley was empty but we have ample bog roll for now. No panic yet in the noseall house.

shaking hands
Did a lot of forearm dabs up the golf course today. Clubhouse was shut, but a couple of brave ladies set up a bench and served drinks and sandwiches from the side door.
Weird times and nothing i have experienced in my lifetime.

Sponsored Links
Back