I want one...

Sponsored Links
Oh my god! Does this guy want to die?!

Whilst watching this I was thinking "power to weight" the whole time. So, let's do the sums:

Go Kart = 135kg
Average driver = 75kg
Total mass = 210kg

113.5/0.210 = 540bhp/tonne

Now, take a typical family hatchback

Car = 1200kg
Driver = 75kg
Total mass = 1275kg
Power = 100bhp

100/1.275 = 78bhp/tonne

So, not bad! A power to weight of about 7 times better than a family hatchback!

I wonder if a Focus with 540bhp/tonne and rear-drive would handle in the same way? :LOL: Anyone got a 700bhp engine they can lend us ;)

Now that truly goes like manure !! and sounds faaantasic (cheers Murray)

Always said .. marry a jap bike multi to a pretty sports body (like the three wheeler currently on market ), Listen to the music.

How about the little Smart Sports with a decent tuned mobike multi power pak ... Woo Hoo as they say !!

=============
But of course there is always Viper power !! 3800 HP + 1200 HP afterburn plus a lunatic dropping the dangleys on top then lighting the fuuuuse ;)
jet.jpg.w300h225.jpg
jetrolling.jpg.w300h225.jpg

P

Sponsored Links
I didn't know Harley Davidson were fitting heated seats... ;)

However, there is actually a gas turbine bike on the market. I saw it first in "Biker Boyz", thinking it was some Fast and the Furious style made up fantasy. I was wrong.

http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp

Read the power figures: 320bhp at 52,000rpm! 2-speed gearbox... Of course, this is a turboshaft engine, unlike the big ass thing which is reaction-propelled.

bike_yellow.gif

But this is where the Y2K is mental: it is street legal! Yes, a Rolls-Royce helicopter engine-powered motorbike, that can be ridden on the public highways.

Just noticed this on the spec:

forward and rear-looking radar with laser scrambler, K40

Might have a problem getting through the SVA with that as standard fitment unless you can prove the scrambler is for opening garage doors...

Oh, and it is tuned to run best on diesel oil by the way... So should be relatively cheap to run for continental tours.

'Chopper-bike' by any other name how many hours d'you reckon that can run without expert attention and .... wait a mo' and eeeexpensive parts, which require regular replacement ..... fun concept tho' !! Just think of the potential FOD situation ;)
=======================
GIXXERKART
http://www.ringmini.de/English_Version/GSXR_Kart/gsxr_kart.html
021013_e_27.jpg

- Topspeed about 170 km/h ( 106 mph)

- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-62mph) below 3 seconds

Interesting gearing ... I'll wager the mid range acceleration is phenomenal ... could be always sideways a real tyre ripper.

P

That gixxerkart is just a chassis to carry the engine and driver! :LOL: I suppose that is the theory behind karts anyway. I wonder if it would handle better with larger diameter wheels, get more tyre footprint. :confused: Only in the video it looks like a beast, you would have to be a very skilled gokart driver to make good progress in it without spinning off.

I think I would prefer the Westfield XTR. Ultimate weekend-car, it is only road legal to allow you to drive a few miles to the racetrack, but I bet it is great for country-lane blasting. Hayabusa engine, insane acceleration and cornering. I saw someone blatting along in something similar out of kitchen window, took a minute before I realised what I had seen!

xtr001.jpg

Of course, it would ... To a mere, 'sniff', Janitor -- Stick with the bucket and mop squire !! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back