I went to Spain this week and despite what the anti-Brexit scaremongers on here said……

Or,. this might be the reason - somebody could buy 2 tickets, and got to departures and get on a plane they are not entitled to travel to. It's like stopping the boats rather than trying to send people back.

So, the airline check your visa themselves and void your boarding pass if they don't feel it looks legit.

Sponsored Links
So which eu country stamps your boarding pass then?
Two points:
they don't stamp your boarding pass, they stamp your passport.
They (the EU country) border police stamp your pasport going in, and coming out. They do so in order to ensure you meet their visa-free requirements.
When the new system is introduced EESS or something like that, it'll be automatic electronic control.
Maybe they won't need to stamp your passports anymore, but they'll still know the dates of entry and exit. And this information will not be lost when you renew your passport.

Or,. this might be the reason - somebody could buy 2 tickets, and got to departures and get on a plane they are not entitled to travel to. It's like stopping the boats rather than trying to send people back.

So, the airline check your visa themselves and void your boarding pass if they don't feel it looks legit.
The 'carrier' (plane, boat, train) checks you have the right documents to enter the country of destination. Otherwise they are responsible for bringing you back to the country of departure, at their expense. And they don't want that.

Two points:
they don't stamp your boarding pass, they stamp your passport.
I can assure you that this is not always the case, having had my boarding pass stamped in Zurich airport yesterday.
Google it, loads of people are having to have their boarding passes stamped.

Sponsored Links
The 'carrier' (plane, boat, train) checks you have the right documents to enter the country of destination. Otherwise they are responsible for bringing you back to the country of departure, at their expense. And they don't want that.

Yes, but what does this have to do with Brexit?

I can assure you that this is not always the case, having had my boarding pass stamped in Zurich airport yesterday.
Google it, loads of people are having to have their boarding passes stamped.
OK< it's a new one on me.
I've never seen it before.

Yes, but what does this have to do with Brexit?
Just pointing out why the carrier checks your documents for travelling to the country of destination. If you're not allowed in, they don't want the responsibility of bringing you back at their expense.
So, if you have two (or more passports), it doesn't matter which name you make the booking, as long as you have that passport to show the boarding clerk that it's you. And if it's a destination that requires a visa, your other passport would suffice showing you have the right to enter.
But the border police, on arrival will only be interested in your pasport that allows you entry.

Sorry, nowt about Brexit. it's always been like that. It just applies to more countries now.

Just pointing out why the carrier checks your documents for travelling to the country of destination. If you're not allowed in, they don't want the responsibility of bringing you back at their expense.

Yes, but why would they say it is a Brexit check. Also, this stamp was not at the boarding desk by Swiss air, it was a mobile stand manned by UK border control staff.

Yes, but why would they say it is a Brexit check. Also, this stamp was not at the boarding desk by Swiss air, it was a mobile stand manned by UK border control staff.
So UK border police stamped your passport on the way out of UK?
I could understand it if it happened at Dover, and they weren't UK border police, but they were French border police.

Sorry, I haven't been folowing the plot (I know, I complain about others doing that)
I assume this was at a UK airport? Surely not at Zurich. What would UK border police be doing at Zurich airport?

You only told us the way a person with substantial financial means can get a golden visa/passport...

And then repeat your unverified claim about travel arrangements between one EU country and another third country which have shall we say a chequered history as regards travel...

The question is therefore still, what about the whole of the EU/EEA?

Are you saying that a UK citizen should fly to Turkey, get on a boat to a Greek Island and travel onwards if they want to stay in the EU/EEA indefinitely?

And then live how?

Given that a UK citizen will have a UK passport which is easily checked should you wish to access any service...

Still waiting to hear how you'll defeat the electronic visa system btw ;)
my word.. I can hardly see one goal post from the other they have been moved so far.

As a reminder I said...
Schengen is easy to get round legally and is often not enforced anyway. The new electronic visa wont change that.
I have shown 2 ways a person can stay longer than the limit by applying for the appropriate visa. I have further explained that some people just don't bother with the process and the authorities don't seem to care (at some locations), because the restaurants are full and the euros are flowing. There are plenty of blogs and forums which people share on where you can exit and nobody will check you haven't over stayed. Plenty of people Schengen shuffle due to the holes in the region, and they often know where they can hang out with immunity when they have checked out, I can think of dozens of islands in the med, that have no port authority or police. These are easy to spot because the town quay is full of American, UK, Turkish etc flagged vessels. Most of which cruise the EU without having paid any EU VAT. (that last bit is thanks to Brexit for us at least).

So easy to get round legally - visas are available, people know how and where it's not enforced and you can even ask for an extension. The new system will not result in port offices being built where there are no port offices.

edited while you were typing..

It's not me that had my boarding pass stamped. Its weird that someone is blaming Britain leaving the EU as the reason why a non EU country decides to start stamping boarding cards at the border.
You mean those that are (more or less) land-locked by EU member nations?

So UK border police stamped your passport on the way out of UK?
I could understand it if it happened at Dover, and they weren't UK border police, but they were French border police.

Sorry, I haven't been folowing the plot (I know, I complain about others doing that)
I assume this was at a UK airport? Surely not at Zurich. What would UK border police be doing at Zurich airport?

OK, to make it clear:

Zurich airport.
Check-in done.
Bag security check completed.
Swiss border control done - passport stamped
Entered Departures.
At Gate D53, a mobile desk with 2 people, which said UK border control, rolls up. Staff announce to travellers that they will need the boarding passes stamped. If not, they may not be able to get on the plane. Passports were checked at the same time. Somebody else asked why, the staff said it was because of Brexit.
Silly conversation with a British man at mobile desk, who asked me little other than did I have a nice holiday, and he stamps my boarding pass
Then, I show boarding pass and passport again to pass through gate to plane to London.

Google it, loads of people are having to have their boarding passes stamped

Perhaps it is to make the boarding staff actually do their check, rather than just chatting among themselves?

A bit like prices being something-99p, to make the cashier actually ring the sale through?

Perhaps it is to make the boarding staff actually do their check, rather than just chatting among themselves?

A bit like prices being something-99p, to make the cashier actually ring the sale through?
No, not the border gate staff, but British staff, UK border people (I did not get their titles)

I can hardly see one goal post from the other they have been moved so far.
Since you're the one that moved them, you must have misplaced them...

Maybe you could remove your blinkers?

I have shown 2 ways a person can stay longer than the limit by applying for the appropriate visa.
No, you have made unsubstantiated claims apart from the wealthy person loophole...

Everything else apart from that is heresay, unless you can of course provide verifiable evidence to back up your claims?

Of course you can stay longer than 3 months in any 6 months, but that would mean staying illegally despite what you say...

So how about you show us exactly how and where these 'visas' are 'so easy' to obtain?

And then show us how these 'visas' would work out if/when you came into contact with any authority or service in an EU/EEA country?

Of course your laughable 'schengen shuffle' is unworkable for most people...

But imagine a situation where you didn't have to worry about being a third country citizen in Europe looking for imaginary/illegal loopholes...

How much easier would that be? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back