I went to Spain this week and despite what the anti-Brexit scaremongers on here said……

Well its not difficult for me so, yes I find it hard to imagine.
golden Visas are not illegal loopholes for wealthy people. Nothing stops you subletting, divesting or packaging up your investments. There are many agents who can help you - call them, I'm not doing them out of their fees.
I told you about D-Visas the process is different in each country, but each allows you to stay beyond 90 in 180.
Here is how it works in Greece..

Given your frequency to post on this forum I would suggest you look at the "digital nomad" category. The fees are modest, certainly less Than the cost of the flight

Sponsored Links
golden Visas are not illegal loopholes for wealthy people.
Could you show me where I said they were illegal loopholes?

They are legal loopholes to get around the brexit b*llux for wealthy people whilst those without substantial funds have to suffer the restrictions that now apply...

Would you not agree?

I told you about D-Visas the process is different in each country
Bingo!

'different in each country' says it all...

Which validates my point about not being simply about the Turkish/Greek situation but an EU/EEA situation being totally different!

Well bully for you...

Most people would think differently, and it's only a matter of time before the situation is reversed :)

golden Visas are not illegal loopholes for wealthy people. Nothing stops you subletting, divesting or packaging up your investments. There are many agents who can help you - call them, I'm not doing them out of their fees.
I told you about D-Visas the process is different in each country, but each allows you to stay beyond 90 in 180.
Here is how it works in Greece..

Given your frequency to post on this forum I would suggest you look at the "digital nomad" category. The fees are modest, certainly less Than the cost of the flight
Considering you like travelling in certain parts of EU, I wonder why

A you wanted brexit ( harder borders and travel )

B why you seem so happy there are ways around them ( not so easy for the majority for mainland europe)

Sorry, what do you find hard to believe? That I had a paper pass, or others did not?
There was a mix, probably 50/50 I'd say.
Apologies, I read it wrong. I thought you hadn’t seen anyone with a phone boarding pass.

You might want to read this: Why you should never travel with just a mobile boarding pass - https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/do-i-need-to-print-a-paper-pass-to-fly
I have mine and Mrs Motties in my wallet on my phone and I screenshot them and send them to her phone and she saves them in her photos in case I have a problem with my phone. In the wallet you don’t need an internet connection.

On a couple of occasions though, I’ve accidentally swiped her boarding pass to get into departures lounge and when she has tried to use the backup of her pass on her phone to go through it wouldn’t let her in. When we realise the mistake, she then has to swipe my boarding pass. I found it funny. She didn’t!

Sponsored Links
And while your away a European company invests 300million and opens their biggest warehouse in the world so much for they wont invest here
You said 600 million in the other thread

Which is still peanuts in the grand scheme of things

You said 600 million in the other thread

Which is still peanuts in the grand scheme of things
showing your limited intelligence i see it is two completely different investments by two different companies . Now take that shovel out of your hand

Last edited:
Considering you like travelling in certain parts of EU, I wonder why

A you wanted brexit ( harder borders and travel )

B why you seem so happy there are ways around them ( not so easy for the majority for mainland europe)
I was almost on the fence but slightly leave leaning. I can see the EU was turning in to a festering, money consuming, corrupt club that wanted to come up with ever more scope and control taking away democracy. I could see the expansionism and euro centric policy did not benefit a country paying in the second largest amount, that was under attack from the Euro club of “friends”. I was not expecting leave to win.

I am neither happy nor unhappy. I was able to sort the issue out fairly quickly and able to export without paying VAT. Some people find solutions others moan.

Apologies, I read it wrong. I thought you hadn’t seen anyone with a phone boarding pass.

I have mine and Mrs Motties in my wallet on my phone and I screenshot them and send them to her phone and she saves them in her photos in case I have a problem with my phone. In the wallet you don’t need an internet connection.

On a couple of occasions though, I’ve accidentally swiped her boarding pass to get into departures lounge and when she has tried to use the backup of her pass on her phone to go through it wouldn’t let her in. When we realise the mistake, she then has to swipe my boarding pass. I found it funny. She didn’t!
I just like the idea of having the piece of paper. I have the Swiss app too, so it is on that, and in my email, but I don't trust phones to behave all the time!

I was almost on the fence but slightly leave leaning. I can see the EU was turning in to a festering, money consuming, corrupt club that wanted to come up with ever more scope and control taking away democracy. I could see the expansionism and euro centric policy did not benefit a country paying in the second largest amount, that was under attack from the Euro club of “friends”. I was not expecting leave to win.

I am neither happy nor unhappy. I was able to sort the issue out fairly quickly and able to export without paying VAT. Some people find solutions others moan.
Some people see a big picture.

Got to get on with it, doesn't mean it was for the better.

When we went to France a month or so ago, we had the same 2.5 second hold up while they stamped our passports in and out and the only check they did on our car and the one in front was to swipe the door handles with a drug swipe cloth, check it and let us go but I imagine they did that before Brexit too. In fact now I think of it I know they did because when we went on motorcycles, we had the inside of our top boxes swiped too on two of the six occasions.
Blimey, I've never once had my handles swiped for drugs, nor any other part of the cars anatomy.

We’re people telling you not to drive through London after Brexit because you would be held up by stop oil protesters then?
Driving through london makes my eyes sting. A bit like it used to be in pubs when smoking was allowed, your eyes would sting, your hair would be sticky and your clothes would reek of stale smoke.

Who's claiming them as a benefit? I’m claiming them as things YOU said we'd lose after Brexit. We didn’t. Unlucky.

Is there anybody on this forum that would spend 90 days in the EU out of 180? Thought not. Multiply that by the whole country and….not a f'cking problem!
The ability of people to work remotely now is sky high, more so since Covid.
Software like zoom has also increased the remote working potential.
Of those who can, who wouldn't choose to work in a warmer climate, with much lower overheads, less pollution, higher standards, cheaper prices?

I much preferred it when it was easy to travel through Europe at the drop of a hat and stay as long as wanted

We voted to change that and restrict ourselves
Why do you think it is preferable?
And the adoption of the Euro. It wasn't any fun changing currencies all the time, and having bits of currency left over.

Sponsored Links
Back