I wish I was a plumber!

WelshMan said:
ChrisR, i live in Abercynon myself m8 :). What pub did you stay at btw?

Btw Chrismac you must be nuts.....lead is brill !!!!!!!!!!!! :p. Any advice on the gola ?. While we got a few more left to cover my mind is already thinking on this, is there any practice tests out there. Or any other books/sites with good general info?

Its pretty hard to be honest but if you take time to revise EVERYTHING you should be ok. We all bought revision software from here http://www.learnatrade.co.uk/ which was actually a bit of a life saver plumbing level 2 revision is the best one to get. It gives you a wide selection of questions done in the same style as the gola test. You can also select different modules to revise depending on what you feel you are weak at.
No matter how prepared you are you also just have to keep your fingers crossed that you are lucky enough with the questions you get. The way some of them are worded makes them quite tricky, totally different to how they are worded in the other tests. As I am sure you already know, the gola test is online and no two people will get the same questions as the computer throws them out randomly from a choice of a few thousand or whatever. One of the guys in my class was unlucky enough to get mostly lead, which he never really revised on and as a result failed the test but dont worry. Like I said if you spend a bit of time revising everything then you should be ok mate.

Sponsored Links
Theres good jobs and bad jobs in every trade,i went into the servicing/breakdown area ,with a few installs-now earning a decent wage and this time of year home for 2 most days,it took me just under 12 months to do gas course at college 1 day a week,onsite work another day a week-pass acs exams,get own corgi reg,then find a job,in last 6 months also done the part p course and oftec oil course-paid for by employer,would rather be doing install work as like to get hands dirty and do a hard days work,but at moment gona do this for at least 12 months for the experience im gaining.

true everything has its bad side
why I bet there is millionaire international model jet fighter pilot who gets in the morning and thinks

"ahhh nooo I have to....wait a minute WOOOHOOO I love being me!!!"

;)

Sponsored Links
I just like the idea of fixing things and feeling satisfied at the end of the day. I spose its a throw back to my childhood when I used to love making things.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back