ICOS IDEAL HE15 - Hive Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I have an ICOS IDEAL HE15 boiler with a seperate water tank upstairs.

I'm having a few problems with my Hive install (attempted by myself). When I click the CH button on the receiver it doesn't fire the boiler up however, if I click the HW button it does. I removed my thermostat from the wall initially however, I suspect I could leave this in situ?

I've now reverted to my previous setup until I can get some assistance:

Current Programmer setup:
IMG_1945.JPG

Thermostat (brown was plugged in to the second from right and grey to the right)
IMG_1949.JPG

I have an ICOS IDEAL HE15 boiler with a separate water tank upstairs.

Image below borrowed from a previous post of the required cabling.
image-jpeg.89350

Any ideas on what the problem may be (potentially my wiring may be wrong?)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1945.JPG
    IMG_1945.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 440
Sponsored Links
Furthermore on my last post. I'm just thinking, could it have been because I removed the old thermostat therefore, the boiler wouldn't fire the CH up because it didn't know the temperature of the house?

when you remove the old thermostat to you need to link it out
Hi Ian, thanks for your reponse.Originally I removed the thermostat however, when i clicked the CH button it wouldn't fire. I'm now thinking maybe I should have left it to test with first? One thing further, Can I potentially include the new thermostat and get this all setup while leaving the old one in place? As then I wouldn't need to 'link it out'?

Sponsored Links
when I say link out it takes seconds you just join the two wires together and park safely you could connect the old thermostat back up and leave on max but a bit Heath Robinson when it is so easy to do it correctly

when I say link out it takes seconds you just join the two wires together and park safely you could connect the old thermostat back up and leave on max but a bit Heath Robinson when it is so easy to do it correctly

Hi Ian, thanks for the reponse. Sorry if this is a bit of a amateur question. So if I keep the wiring the same for my programmer and simply replace just the actual unit then simply sync this up to my new hive thermostat the heating should start working? I'll just leave my old thermostat on max as you've stated?

To link out what do I need to do and on what device?

I don't know if you can PM however, that may be easier?

R

yes the hive receiver replaces the programmer, you link out the two wires in the room thermostat, the two that you are going to connect back up to the thermostat again, if you want to be lazy just put both wires into the same terminal and it wont matter what you set the thermostat to

yes the hive receiver replaces the programmer, you link out the two wires in the room thermostat, the two that you are going to connect back up to the thermostat again, if you want to be lazy just put both wires into the same terminal and it wont matter what you set the thermostat to
Ian, cheers so which wires from my pictures need amending? Thank you so much for this information

on the inside of your thermostat cover, there should be a wiring diagram, and it is the two wires that went to com and NO, if they are not labelled that post a pic of the diagram and I will tell you which ones

on the inside of your thermostat cover, there should be a wiring diagram, and it is the two wires that went to com and NO, if they are not labelled that post a pic of the diagram and I will tell you which ones
Hi Ian, Thanks. My second picture displays the inside of the thermostat if that helps, if not, I can take a picture once I'm home.

Cheers
R

Hi Ian, Thanks. My second picture displays the inside of the thermostat if that helps, if not, I can take a picture once I'm home.

Cheers
R
No the cover that you removed to take that picture, inside that part should be the wiring diagram

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back