'I'd rather employ a paedophile than ex-forces personnel!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Lol, I has on a business trip...suprised this is still going on :)

It would seem the argument is pretty balanced.

On one side you have those pointing out that the majority of recruits come from areas with high unemployment, low qualifications and that the recruits are generally people that don't have much chance at doing anything else, this side is citing reports, stats and reasoned arguments...on the other side you have people swearing at the the first group, telling them to get shot by our lads, calling them cowards and generally behaving like drunk hooligans.

....I have only scanned the previous couple of pages but here are some of my highlights.

Someone telling me that I shouldn't judge someone who is incapable of spelling 'Nation' because in my haste I typed Peace instead of piece.....who then went on to spell 'thieves' 'theives'.
I won't pounce on you, like you did me, because everyone makes mistakes....it is when you are incapable of getting it right that it becomes the issue. If we all read through everything we have typed in this thread, there are a lot of mistakes from all of us...mistakes however have nothing to do with capability. Big difference.

Next, was someone replying to my rough guess at wages, telling me I had under estimated them....which actually makes my case that only the REALLY stupid people earn a little amount ,16-18k...Thanks...
And if it makes any difference I was originally going to be a Geographic Technician...it had nothing to do with rank or role, just that I didn't want to be associated with the rest of them.

Lifesagasman amused me though, his replies being so full of ad hominems....completely baseless of course, he can't know my height for example, so is pretty weird he would be referring to my size.

Out of interest, to all those who seem to worship the services...why aren't you in them if they are so great and full of brilliant people?
I mean, you have accused ME of not wanting to go because....I'm a quitter, a loser, a non-entity, a little boy, a sh*t, a coward..etc...

What are YOUR reasons for not wanting to join?

Sponsored Links
QUOTE: "What are YOUR reasons for not wanting to join"?

Your not suggesting they may be cowards, and they like to 'blow' the trumpet so to speak, :confused: ( but stay at home where it's safe, ;) thank you very much).
Go and save your comrades you brave bullshitter's. :LOL:

What's the odds that conveniently they will all turn out to be ex forces or in the TA or something like that ? :)

This thread has been hijacked. I'm sick of reading this sh1te. If you lot want to slag off the Army go and start a new thread.

This thread is about a spineless knobhead who refuses to employ 'BRITISH MILITARY PERSONNEL'. He NEVER at ANY point singled out the ARMY. He NEVER at ANY point suggested that ARMY personnel are unintelligent.

His problem (apart from the fact that he's as thick as pig sh1t), is that he believes ALL Military Personnel are worse than paedophiles. THAT is what this thread is about.

Now go start your thread.

Sponsored Links
Some of them are arn't they :rolleyes: RE: my last link ( and all the other's I have put on in the past).
About starting a new link hhhmmm, I think it's a waste of time :LOL: :LOL:

personal insults.. only when it suits the few

i will say it again.. i would not employ an ex services..

The pay you mention is apprentice level pay, which is probably more than a normal apprentice would get. I would hazard a guess, and educated guess, that the same level of person in the forces as you are in your company, will earn a lot more. So your pay and 'dregs of society' is total bull.

Picking up your spelling. I was simply showing you how you are so alike with your aquaintence and probably around the same level of intelligence. Not once did I try to slag people off for the same mistakes I make.

In this case, I know more about the subject than you do. Simply putting you in your place. No need to be a keyboard warrior and make assumptions, which you clearly have done, whether you meant to or not. Learn about something, then go for it on a forum. Dont just read the tabloids and assume you know it all. As it happens, this article is slightly wrong in some of its details, but the guts of it are totally true.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I have had similiar stuff said to my face as what this **** has said in an email. Bovvered? Nah. But the comparisons he makes are OTT. Thats my issue. Not his ill informed points of views about an 'illegal' war, you know, the one backed by the UN :eek:

Majority of the British public know the score, there is always a minority. The fact a few companies wouldnt employ ex-military is neither here nor there. It makes no difference to life. 99% would do, which obviously does make a difference.

You think all ex-military are dregs, you are wrong. Simples. Most trades in the forces are duplicated outside of the forces too. Most (not all) workers in the forces are better trained, more disciplined, more reliable, work under pressure better, dont take sickies, dont go on strike, dont fkin winge and whine all the time. Hence the reason a lot of companies jump at the chance to employ them.

The only thing I would agree with is the hero issue. It makes people squirm. But that has not come from the forces themselves, they dont like that either. That is purely media driven.

Feel free to rip this post apart too. I'll come back in a couple of days and tell you why you are wrong, again.

Out of interest, to all those who seem to worship the services...why aren't you in them if they are so great and full of brilliant people?
I mean, you have accused ME of not wanting to go because....I'm a quitter, a loser, a non-entity, a little boy, a sh*t, a coward..etc...

What are YOUR reasons for not wanting to join?

What's the odds that conveniently they will all turn out to be ex forces or in the TA or something like that ? icon_smile.gif

What drugs you on? :rolleyes:

the odds are that if you talk to a bunch of intelligent strangers, some of them, like myself, will be ex-forces, and will recognise bullsh*t a mile off.

And you will also find that most of don't talk about it for the reasons mentioned a short while ago about 'heroes'.

There was a job to do. End of.

The pay you mention is apprentice level pay, which is probably more than a normal apprentice would get. I would hazard a guess, and educated guess, that the same level of person in the forces as you are in your company, will earn a lot more. So your pay and 'dregs of society' is total bull.

Picking up your spelling. I was simply showing you how you are so alike with your aquaintence and probably around the same level of intelligence. Not once did I try to slag people off for the same mistakes I make.

Yawn....did you even READ my post?? I didn't claim that all service people were on 16-18 grand numbnuts!

Conny =
Skitzee2k says "it is a standing paid army".

Conny says "So you call getting 16-18k for being on call 24/7 for months at a time getting paid?" .

Conny, was the one claiming that, so if you have a problem with it, take it up with them.
I like you was claiming them to be on MORE money. Mercenaries aren't cheap.
Me=
if you are on 16-18 it is because you have the ambition or intelligence of a fruit fly.
So you completely missed the point and have started arguing my point,(that the army isn't underpaid but is an attractive job, not a duty of honour... thanks I guess....would probably pay to read and understand what you are actually saying in future, wouldn't you say?
Secondly, you seem to be under the illusion that how much you earn decides your personality and intelligence."He can't be dreggs, he earns too much". :LOL:

Secondly with the spelling thing, AGAIN you have misunderstood. I have made it quite clear that there is a difference between not being capable, and every now and then making a mistake even though you know the correct way of doing it.

I was saying that a lot of forces people I knew COULDN'T spell nation, not that if they typed it fast they say get it wrong and think "Whoops" when they saw it.

There is a BIG difference...I was joking of course.

Yet again we are back to the intelligence thing....unless the average IQ in the forces is 146 (which we know it isn't) that is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back