Ideal Classic FF240 Boiler - Cutting Out

jarvo....So the boiler fires up and runs for up to 15 mins, then cuts out and the pcb is then arcing ??

Hi,

The only thing that is arcing is the little black thing in the image below, marked SG1.
This arcs when it's trying to fire up.

The fan does make a bit of a noise, so could easily be on the way out.

Have BG coming tomorrow morning.

Had company around this morning HUG limited to quote for a new boiler.... No price yet.

Think of it needs replacing I will just pay BG to do it as no bugger in Yorkshire seems capable!

Attachments

• IMG_20170919_170050895.jpg
    IMG_20170919_170050895.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 318
Sponsored Links
But it's noisy
And it will be as it's overheating. I've been to loads and I mean loads and never once been the hex.
99/100 it's the pump. Then looking at circulation.
Has anyone suggested temp diffs on flow and return?
First thing I do when I go to one.
But then I'm only an Ideal engineer, what would I know.
Suggestion of F/E, blocked cold feed or partially choked flow or return or airlock after draining and bleeding rads as OP had stated.

Sponsored Links
And it will be as it's overheating. I've been to loads and I mean loads and never once been the hex.
Suggestion of F/E, blocked cold feed or partially choked flow or return or airlock after draining and bleeding rads as OP had stated.
I asked him to test how far the heat is getting. Not differential as I doubt he has the equipment,
I'd like to know how far the heat is getting to see if there's any circulation.

Bg won't necessarily just say powerflush/new boiler.
They do have some good engineers that will diagnose and repair.
If it is a blockage. They should find it sort and quote for a powerflush

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Op said he had the pump replaced fairly recently, and if he's just drained and refilled the system it all but rules out a blocked cold feed.

Doubt it is this, but just too rule it out anyway, make sure both gate valves are fully opened either side of the pump.

I'm on about blockage
probably an H pattern vent and feed.

who fitted the pump. it is the fitted the right way round? what speed is it on? it looks like a wilo but unsure. don't they normally have a setting to purge air in the case of an airlock?

They do. You put the speed selector at 12 o'clock (assuming vertical orientation).
The picture of the pump looks to me like the pump
Is maybe in the bleed setting?
But I am looking in a phone and the qualitys not great (picture not my phone)

does that mean that it wouldn't run properly?
i don't use wilo pumps generally so unsure of settings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back