Ideal Icos DIY PCB Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's a fact. RGIs don't like it because people like me can do 85% of boiler repairs without wasting money on Gas Safe. ;)

90 are you being a ******** yet again ??!!

Next you'll be telling people it's permissible to use fairy liquid and naked flames to look for gas leaks :evil:

Sponsored Links
No, it's a fact. RGIs don't like it because people like me can do 85% of boiler repairs without wasting money on Gas Safe. ;)
Oh, so I'll just forget my registration this year and just do it your way.
Who cares? You apparently don't.

Ideally after changing any part in an appliance the safety and integrity of the boiler should be checked in line with gas regulations 26.9. This is not to say you can't change the pcb, it is just commenting on how safe you feel you have left the appliance.

The instructions do specifically say that this boiler should only be serviced by a gas safe registered installer, and that after any components are replaced the relevant checks should be made. Take from that what you will.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I was planning on getting it serviced soon anyway, so presumably the relevant checks should be done as part of that?

And the PCB has nothing to do with controlling the gas on most boilers. :rolleyes:

or is that the other way round :confused:

Cool, so replace the faulty pcb, get it working.
Then get it serviced - all safe and happy.

Why not, the gas rate may be ok and who gives a monkee about the fan speed or the kids asleep in their bed not going to school tomorrow.

Why not, the gas rate may be ok and who gives a monkee about the fan speed or the kids asleep in their bed not going to school tomorrow.

so are you saying the gas rate and fan speed would not be checked as part of the service and that these are variables that would need to be configured on the PCB at installation?

The RGI who will service the boiler after the diy pcb change wont be looking for original parameters for the safety components and will just do the basics and he will get paid and leave. He should be told that pcb has been changed.

Thanks for the replies. No, I am not a landlord, and no, I'm not looking to "cut corners".

I am however, someone who prefers to DIY, which I thought was the spirit of this forum, hence my original question of "does the PCB require any additional configuration or not". I am someone who is generally interested in things like this and, if I can, like to do work on my own house / car / computers / appliances etc myself.

The question is fairly cut and dry really. Is it a straight swap or not.

If you want to DIY, go and **** about with a door or put up a fence, don't **** around with boilers you clown :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back