Ideal Icos DIY PCB Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, so replace the faulty pcb, get it working.
Then get it serviced - all safe and happy.

Why not, the gas rate may be ok and who gives a monkee about the fan speed or the kids asleep in their bed not going to school tomorrow.
The RGI who will service the boiler after the diy pcb change wont be looking for original parameters for the safety components and will just do the basics and he will get paid and leave. He should be told that pcb has been changed.

Thank you - we are getting somewhere now. So there are variables to be set on the PCB, which an RGI will need to adjust. This can be done when it is serviced, I just need to let him know.

Sponsored Links
Serviced - yes as it involves the combustion chamber - but not electrical repairs like PCB, pump, 3 way valve etc.

So you don't work on any greenstars or vaillant eco's then?

You set the gas rate on the PCB of the icos/ Isars which will require setting up when new board changed, so yes it does directly affect the gas you muppet

Excellent news I will cancel my gas safe registration first thing and ask for a full refund

My favourite job ever is swapping air pressure switches on boilers operating a zero governor :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies. No, I am not a landlord, and no, I'm not looking to "cut corners".

I am however, someone who prefers to DIY, which I thought was the spirit of this forum, hence my original question of "does the PCB require any additional configuration or not". I am someone who is generally interested in things like this and, if I can, like to do work on my own house / car / computers / appliances etc myself.

The question is fairly cut and dry really. Is it a straight swap or not.

If you want to DIY, go and **** about with a door or put up a fence, don't **** around with boilers you clown :rolleyes:

Thank you - All I was looking for was an answer to my question.

My question was: is it a straight swap or not?
It appears that the answer is: No, it needs setting up.

Sponsored Links
Yes OP RGI will need to know so he can do the gas valve adjustments and also check pcb settings are correct for this boiler, don't take chances for the sake of some money, let the non reg. giving advice that can be dangerous carry on.
You look after YOU.
I'm out!!

If the fan speed drops then the boiler will cut out (pressure switch).

WTF have kids in bed got to do with it? :confused:

Amazing, where exactly is the 'pressure switch' on this Ideal boiler?

Google not working tonight :LOL:

If the fan speed drops then the boiler will cut out (pressure )

Ah now I know how boilers work:cool:

Cheers mate :rolleyes:

And you can't just swap the pcbs, even if it was exactly the same model how would you know that one was set correctly

Best of luck

My car brakes need doing, i'm going to do them myself this time, why should i pay the mechanic?
I may never have done them before but what could possibly go wrong?

Reading this forum for a few weeks about gas related repairs yes it's full of **** because nearly all giving out the info are clueless , like you Joe 90 , if you don't know an isar doesn't have an APS, you're a clown, which we all knew anyway , it's probably the most commonly fitted boiler in the country , turn it in you mug

Call it what you like but every boiler has a vacuum operated sensor. Is your name Co-co?

My car brakes need doing, i'm going to do them myself this time, why should i pay the mechanic?
I may never have done them before but what could possibly go wrong?

Nothing if you've got a Haynes manual. I do most of my car repairs - don't you? Quite legal too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back