Ideal Logic and Logic+ combi boilers.

And just a quick one for you, to shout loudly via text on the internet " YOU TYPE IN CAPITALS NOT IN BOLD"...

Sponsored Links
This is a forum is it not?? so sorry for having an opinion......
This is a forum.
Everyone is entitled to state his opinion

Plain advertising without any substance is not appreciated, and trying to make your self more seen than others by inappropriate use of bold, OR CAPITALS, IS CONSIDERED RUDE AND ANNOYING.

ok, i'll drop the bold if it makes you feel better, but advertising! please, i'm just an installer who has, if you like, been talked into trying something else, whats so wrong with defending what i'm using, i like the boiler, and all i've done is state some facts, after reading the earlier posts it was clear some things were misunderstood, i'm sure that if i did the same with another manufacturer, some other accredidited installer would be straight on to it??
my old man told me to stay away from Ideal, but i made my own opinion and i've took the risk purley cos i was looking for summat else, putting the price on there was simply to show that its at least worth it, i offer it as a slightly cheaper quote thats all, people were saying its expensive, i'm simply stating facts....not advertising.

If you're looking for something else, try the Broag Avanta, and be really impressed.

Ideal or vaillant are a million miles behind them for quality and service.

Sponsored Links
Still not been to one yet in Scotland. Not one has broken down. Nearly went to one on Friday but turns out the boiler was detecting no flow. Due to the installer not opening the isolating valves on the flow and return!!!
Seriously these things are really really good.
And I know I may be biased but they are excellent.

i've fitted quite a few and i like it, its catching on in my local plumb's just looks like you get attacked and abused for daring to fit summat different ? I'm open minded about most thing's . . The fact that i've taken a brand new motor back to the dealers several times to have "teething " problems sorted , the car cost a fair bit and is of german origin ! So it happens and it happens a lot . . As for broag, i've never tried one but will give them a look . .

Custards want reliability, from a reliable product.

Remember every time you go back it costs you money, and damages your reputation and the chance of any future recommendations, which is the last thing you want at the moment.

Phone up the Ideal service dept, and pretend you have a problem and see which month they can attend.

I'm just a consumer, and i'm going for the logic+. Based on my heating engineers personal experience of Ideal and from looking at the literature etc. I can't afford a top of the range brand, and my engineer fits preventitive bits like Magnaclean and descaller etc..

I must admit, I am concerned by what I have read on Forums about Ideal, but I guess the only way this new boiler will get a valid reputation good or bad, is if someone buys one. (so thats me) lol

I will let you all know how I get on over the next 5 years :confused: :) :confused:

Custards want reliability, from a reliable product.

Remember every time you go back it costs you money, and damages your reputation and the chance of any future recommendations, which is the last thing you want at the moment.

Phone up the Ideal service dept, and pretend you have a problem and see which month they can attend.
Mate I am on top of the planning and Service levels in my area (I see out of pledge jobs in the morning and fit most of them in that day or if not the next).
Dont know where you are in the country but the level of response in Scotland is excellent, even better if you are a premier and fit loads!

Paul Massey has been in charge of ideal for yonks. Don't know who the new boy is who is supposedly from Vaillant :rolleyes:

Pure false rumour methinks.

I wouldn't trust fitting one for at least 3 years to see how they perform.

Try 8 new guys from Vaillant

Wether the logic is any good ? or not? who knows ? as I see it ? this will become evident in the years to come , & this can be applied to alot or all makes of boiler ? we are only in our 5th year of en-masse condenser boiler installs , I personally will not fit Logics or any other boiler that use's alloy heat exc' s , as for any 5 year plus warranty that is offered with any boiler , I am somewhat sceptical , & from an installers point of view I can see problems in the future ???? Incidentally if any Ideal management are looking I will take 2 of your logics if u want to donate them to a special needs school , I will fit for free , will be condensing 24 /7 , will take a 2 year warranty ?????

Paul Massey has been in charge of ideal for yonks. Don't know who the new boy is who is supposedly from Vaillant :rolleyes:

Pure false rumour methinks.

I wouldn't trust fitting one for at least 3 years to see how they perform.

Try 8 new guys from Vaillant
Page 50 of the Feb issue of HVP ........there it seems to show Sean Edwards....talking about the Logic....

I've installed 11 Logic's now and have to say I thinkthey are a great little unit,the only few problems I have had on installations is the isolation with the pressure gauge on can sometimes prove to be fidly to tighten up. Servicing is a doddle and the parts are cheaper too compared to other manufacturers. I am well aware of the problems with the Isar and other Ideal boilers in the past but I think they may have turned the corner with this model.
Quite a few people have indeed left Vaillant and moved over to Ideal these so called rumours are true.

Nice one thank you Stu for your unbiased ideal company employee point of view.You carry on with all this air source ground source etc and there was me thinking you were installing absolutely loads of these logics!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back