Ideal Logic and Logic+ combi boilers.

Sponsored Links
they don`t need one they never had bad rep
and one best heat ex out their

I'm sure there fantastic boilers but this was the point I was making, you can rave about a specific boiler but if the last bloke came along with a quote for a boiler with a 5 year warranty then even if they were say 100 quid more expensive then it's a more attractive offer. I mean if you made up the extra warranty by getting BG cover then it's still about 14quid a month for the lowest boiler cover.. That's £168 per annum x 3 just to get the same cover on an logic or viesman! Thing is the general public are not stupid and they know what's about, also if someone has had a logic fitted and they tell there friends guess what they will want.. No good me coming along saying grunfoss this and stainless steel that because they don't care unless you get someone with there head screwed on. Not many of them about..

Sponsored Links
they don`t need one they never had bad rep
and one best heat ex out their

I'm sure there fantastic boilers but this was the point I was making, you can rave about a specific boiler but if the last bloke came along with a quote for a boiler with a 5 year warranty then even if they were say 100 quid more expensive then it's a more attractive offer. I mean if you made up the extra warranty by getting BG cover then it's still about 14quid a month for the lowest boiler cover.. That's £168 per annum x 3 just to get the same cover on an logic or viesman! Thing is the general public are not stupid and they know what's about, also if someone has had a logic fitted and they tell there friends guess what they will want.. No good me coming along saying grunfoss this and stainless steel that because they don't care unless you get someone with there head screwed on. Not many of them about..

if u are interested in warrantys ? why not go for a Lamborgini ( Ferroli ) they will give a warranty that is 2 years longer than either worc or ldeal
its 7 years !

As I understand it worc & Ideal are the only manus that actually warrant there boilers any way eg its done in house ? as opposed to most other manus who may well give 2 / 3 years plus warrantys , but it is actually under written by Domestic & general , which u proably (or do) pay for when u buy the boiler , same as when u buy a worc or ideal u pay for it ln the price ( maybe ?)
IMO alot of greif may well come from alot of these long warrantys any way !

Didn't I see a Sime advert offering a 10 year warrantee?

Oh yes! Here it is:-

10 Year Warranty – Terms & Conditions

You will be pleased to know that the Murrele Range comes with a 10-year parts and labour guarantee, for total peace of mind. To ensure that your customer’s boiler is registered with us and that they enjoy the benefits of this extended warranty period, it’s important you follow the below:

To validate the guarantee, you must be a GasSafe registered engineer and must also notify them of this installation through their online Gas Works Notification process and tick the box to say you are happy for the information to be passed to Sime UK. Your customer will then receive a building regulations compliance certificate and/or a declaration of safety certificate after the work has been completed.

The boiler must be installed in accordance with the Benchmark installation procedure and must also comply with standard guidelines for flushing and cleansing

In order for this unique 10-year parts and labour guarantee to apply, the boiler must be serviced on an annual basis. Please ensure that the completed service record booklet is kept up-to date and in a safe place by the customer for future reference.

had an ideal logic+ fitted four weeks ago radiator burst closed valves called out engineer to sort it out, no problem rad changed came down stairs exact words " oh **** forgot it was one of those has anyone operated the filling loop since fitted"
no was the reply
" ok will give it ago"
top and tale is he said all new logic and logic+ have faulty o rings in the water supply valve once used they pop out so cannot be used again unless you change the valves! been without hot water and heating now for 4 days as ideal are very busy and cannot get out till tuesday.
what a bag of crap! :evil: :evil:

Wrong!!
I have had one or two where the o ring in the non return valve jams inside it. Not all boilers FFS. All you need to do is shut off mains remove the cold valve push the o ring back silicon grease it and it will be fine. Or if really brutal put screwdriver right through the plastic non return valve and get it filled up. Then phone ideal for new one!
On another note these have been modified now with a different non return valve due to a small number of sticking valves.

had an ideal logic+ fitted four weeks ago radiator burst closed valves called out engineer to sort it out, no problem rad changed came down stairs exact words " oh s**t forgot it was one of those has anyone operated the filling loop since fitted"
no was the reply
" ok will give it ago"
top and tale is he said all new logic and logic+ have faulty o rings in the water supply valve once used they pop out so cannot be used again unless you change the valves! been without hot water and heating now for 4 days as ideal are very busy and cannot get out till tuesday.
what a bag of crap! :evil: :evil:
Ps as I said above if yer engineer was any good he would have identified the wee red o ring catching in valve and pushed it through no leaving you without heat or hw ;)

I wonder if any of the early posters on this thread would be interested in detracting their statements now that the Ideal Logic is a proven product. I have now fitted about 250 of these boilers with very few faults, allowing for the sticking filling valve of which I have had two and one where the seals on the diverter valve leaked into the actuator, with the actuator problem the boiler was four months out of warranty however Ideal repaired it free of charge.

I wonder if any of the early posters on this thread would be interested in detracting their statements now that the Ideal Logic is a proven product...
Remind me, how long was it before the Responses started dropping like flies?

Hope they are... Just bought the 30KW logic plus, on the reccomendation of 2 plumbers. So we shall see..

logic heat ex's are failing big time
diverter valves are leaking
plate heat ex's are not screwed in enough
l2 and f2 faultcodes a lot as well
but pump seem ok
:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back