Ideal Logic and Logic+ combi boilers.

hi to all

re ideal combi logic boiler, these boilers to date have given me no probs they seem to be well built ,run very qiuet, and are easy to fit plus they are small things.
only time will tell if they dont perform i want fit them but think that the price and the market will rule as allways customers want low prices and good spec product at the mo this boiler is doing that.
if there are any probs in warranty then everyone will know in time that they are not worth it an ideal will loose market share.

Sponsored Links
Kylie may be getting a bit past her sell by date,but i wouldnt climb over her to get to any of you lot.

No offence like!!!

Right two years on what do youu guys think now?
i have fitted a few for contract work and had no call backs seems ok??

Sponsored Links
I have mibbee seen more than most but very few breakdowns on them that are boiler related component failures!!
There has also not been any trends of failures of one part etc that seems a weak link.
All in all its been cracking from an installers point of view and cracking from an ideal engineer that has to work on them as they are so easy to work on.

All in all its been cracking from an installers point of view and cracking from an ideal engineer that has to work on them as they are so easy to work on.[/quote]

not to be funny sham how can they be easy to work on if they dont breakdown?
surely as a diagnostic/breakdown engineer you should want them to breakdown otherwise you might not be needed

i want all boilers to breakdown unless iv'e installed them

Fitted 4 of these now, all sold because of the 5 year warranty. Agree that the isar and icos were crap. The response is a heap of junk too!

But in defence of ideal I pulled out an ideal Mexico the other day that was as old as the hills, nothing wrong with it and only being replaced due to the size of it. Ideal classic, reliable boiler only usual stuff that any other boiler has break down. I used to push Vaillant but there expensive, I agree they are good quality but if there so great why don't Vaillant put there money where there mouth is and match ideals warranty? Worcester, good boiler I guess but again unless I fit 25+ boilers a year to get a 5 year warranty I only get a couple of years. Oh and has anyone tried changing the expansion vessel with limited access or just the PRV on one of those things? CRAP design. Let's face it lads we are all running a business here, I would rather fit the best quality stuff but in this economic climate customers generally are not interested in forking out more money on a boiler, they don't look at them in the same way an engineer does. To them it's an appliance that produces heating and hot water and if you go in there flashing Worcester and Vaillant brochures and prices in there face then unless they have done there homework they will end up going with mr boiler a day swap who is throwing in ferroli boilers for 500 quid and a packet of fags. At least with the logic you can keep to some sort of standard with a reasonable price and a 5 year warranty, even the landlords don't mind paying a little more for the extra few years cover.

You can be as fussy as you like but I think that the more manufactures cover there boilers for 5 years the more the customer is going to expect it and if you don't offer it they will go elsewhere.

They are IMO
i'd second that !! :evil:

i do not know of another company in the same league as Ideal s***te boilers!!

yes others have had problems, yes some need a very stiff boot up the backend but in my experience no one comes close to being as carp as Ideal!

Well try a ferroli, if you think ideal are crap. After seeing one of those in action I almost suggested getting the old worcester 240 out of the skip and putting it back on the wall!

May I add I did not fit or supply it and never will.

one their has been problems with new ideal their been few post for people asking for help which when i lost bet with danger
two their last boiler i will say they did good job with is clasic
three how long was it before the problem with isar and their ilke finaly kicked in and i have forgotten how many time i have changed the pcb
four all people who are coming on to defend the ideal logic or cust seem to have very few post except for couple hmm make you wonderer why they just come on to post on this topic alone :eek:
five i would not fit one these boilers as i don`t trust ideal
netheir would i fit ravenheat, biasi(transam) or heatline
my preffrance is main but i do like rest baxi then vaillant or wocster

Dont judge Biasi on what Transam has said.

He has fitted many of them and when he is being honest agrees they are very reliable.

His problems stem from being upset by his local service agent whom he seems to find it difficult to get on with.

Following that he tried a legal claim against Biasi without professional representation which as expected failed.

Take heed of what Paul Barker, Mehran etc say about them.

I wonder what David 937 who started doing this thread is doing now!

He SHOULD be about to start taking "A" level courses en route to university!

one their has been problems with new ideal their been few post for people asking for help which when i lost bet with danger
two their last boiler i will say they did good job with is clasic
three how long was it before the problem with isar and their ilke finaly kicked in and i have forgotten how many time i have changed the pcb
four all people who are coming on to defend the ideal logic or cust seem to have very few post except for couple hmm make you wonderer why they just come on to post on this topic alone :eek:
five i would not fit one these boilers as i don`t trust ideal
netheir would i fit ravenheat, biasi(transam) or heatline
my preffrance is main but i do like rest baxi then vaillant or wocster

The reason I have only just started posting on this site is because mainly I don't look on the Internet for advice as I have a lot of friends in the trade so use them for advice and usually need it there and then. The only other reason I stumbled across this forum is because I was looking for reviews on the ideal logic as no one I knew had fitted one nor wanted to so looked to google to give me an opinion. I can assure everyone I have no interest in singing ideals praises for making a boiler that actually seems to work for a change, I have spent god knows how long working on isars, icos and responses. Fitting plate heat exchangers that last 6 months with a PCB that burns out after a year. I agree, they have a lot to answer for, with installers and the end user!

I would rather be fitting vaillants and worcesters but unfortunetly explaining to the customer that it costs more with 3 years less warranty doesn't wash with them. Especially when the previous installer quotes for a logic... I'm in business it's pretty cut throat out there and in order to compete you have to offer something better than the next bloke and unfortunetly on paper the logic is an attractive option.

Anyway viessman are doing a 5 year warranty and although a little more money I would rather be fitting those. My advice to all the ideal haters is let it go, if you don't someone else will and be getting all the jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back