Ideal Plus 30kw V Remeha Avanta Plus 28c Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am looking for feeedback from those who fit these boilers and those who have had them fitted. What do you think about them ?

I am looking to get a new combi boiler fitted and things seem to have been narrowed down to these two boilers.

I have read quite a lot of reviews and found good and bad about both hence asking for more data from yourselves to make my final decision.

Feedback please .... :D

Sponsored Links
I am looking to get a new combi boiler fitted and things seem to have been narrowed down to these two boilers.
On what basis have you narrowed it down to these particular models?

On what basis have you narrowed it down to these particular models?

Recomendations, reading reviews and cost. The guy who is going to do the instalation recommended the Ideal and another fitter told me he wouldn't touch them with a bargepole but highly recommends the Remeha. This is going into my partners house that we will be going to rent out.

What would you recommend ?

The guy who is going to do the installation recommended the Ideal and another fitter told me he wouldn't touch them with a bargepole but highly recommends the Remeha. This is going into my partners house that we will be going to rent out.
My son had a Rehema installed 2½ years ago and it hasn't missed a beat.

He recently moved to a new house with a four year old Ideal and that's still going strong.

My personal preference would be for the Remeha as the chap who services my boiler said that he has only had two or three problem boilers out of several hundred installed.

Sponsored Links
Remeha all the way have fitted one to my house as a demo two years ago now that's all I fit got loads running and none have any problems, the early ones did but if you hang fire they are bringing a new model out next month I believe.

Remeha all the way have fitted one to my house as a demo two years ago now that's all I fit got loads running and none have any problems, the early ones did but if you hang fire they are bringing a new model out next month I believe.

When you say a new model to you mean a new 28c model or a new one altogether ? Wouldnt the later mean no record to judge it by until quite sometime has passed tho ?

Can anyone give an idea of how much a 28c would be to buy with a flue that goes up through the roof ?

Is the Remeha Avanta Plus 28c going to be more expensive than the Ideal 30kw or around the same price ?

Been quoted £1146 for Ideal 30kw the roof flue and magna clean on part of the itemised bill

The new model altogether, the advanta will be about still slightly cheaper with a two year cover after the launch and the new unit to have five year cover, be about the same cost but if you go for the advanta get it soon as advice when the new model is out cover will drop.

Jordon";p="2325118 said:
The new model altogether, the advanta will be about still slightly cheaper with a two year cover after the launch and the new unit to have five year cover, be about the same cost but if you go for the advanta get it soon as advice when the new model is out cover will drop.[/quote

Ok just to clarify:

You are saying buy the Advanta now and get 5 years cover because when the new one comes out the cover with go down to 2years.... is that correct ?

Your not saying wait and buy the new one that is going to come out...

Yes and no buy now for tried and tested unit or wait for the New unit and get the advanta cheaper with a two year cover or demo the new unit. :cool:

Fitted over 100+ logics over the last couple of years and found them very reliable. Customers love them due to size and how quiet they are, plus the boiler talks to you in plain English so you know what going on.

Yes and no buy now for tried and tested unit or wait for the New unit and get the advanta cheaper with a two year cover or demo the new unit. :cool:

How do you go about having the unit as a demo ? Not heard about doing that so I know nothing about it.

Fitted over 100+ logics over the last couple of years and found them very reliable. Customers love them due to size and how quiet they are, .

I concur. Our firm contracts to building firms. Running about 8 sites all with 60 plus houses per site (some up to 200 houses) all have Logics.

Has about 2 boiler failures. That's a good ratio to me.
I have also fitted a few. Some 2 years old now and lokking and running like brand new.

plus the boiler talks to you in plain English so you know what going on
This certainly can reduce unnecessary callouts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back