Ideal (warmsure) vs BG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Unsurprisingly my Ideal Isar HE30 has started developing faults
PCB was replaced by my local engineer yesterday and it worked for a bit but then off again this morning, user panel has died and there is now a leak at the back.

He came out again today and was pretty honest in that he couldn't do it for less than the fixed-price from Ideal or BG and that he would refund our original costs and we should get them out, but...

Who am I better off using BG at £168 or Ideal (warmsure) at £240?
I'm guessing that Ideal will have most of the parts onboard so less time off work but there are no T&C's avalable like the BG ones, "first found fault fixed only"

help!!

Thanks

Joe

Sponsored Links
I believe the ideal repair covers a few faults for that fee plus their guaranty.

The BG 1 off repair only covers 1 fault so if you have an electrical fault and an water leak that arent connected then you will be charged twice or be leftwith a fault still

Example: I went to an isar last week. Similar faults to yours. PCB dead, user control fried. caused by a water leak from auto air vent. I replaced the airvent, pcb and user control on the fixed repair. They also had a leak on the hw heat exchanger, unrelated to the PCB issue. I replaced the 4 orings for a separate fixed fee.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back