If you were God...

Sponsored Links
In the new order after armageddon it will be like one big party, there will be so much to do, it will be paradise on Earth again!!!

I kid you not, this was the sort of thing i had to put up with, once she got into full swing it escalated from one thing to another, when she phoned, after a few minutes I could put the phone down and return every few minutes and mutter "uhuh" and go on another walk about without her being ever the wiser.. :LOL: So I'm probably not going to heaven.. :mrgreen:

But bread, your fruitcake posts abuse our intelligence, so maybe you should take your own advice ?

You can't see it can you Chappy? You espouse science like it is a religion. You are the other side of the same coin.

Sponsored Links
Google 'Scientific method' you numskull.

No chance of bread abusing your intelligence, eh ?

I am old school to be fair in some respects.

If anyone killed a family member of mine I would kill them whether that meant waiting outside court with a sniper rifle or running them down when they left jail.

The liberalised justice system where life for murder can mean a few years and then out on parole simply would not do.

I only believe in the death sentence if it means termination upon conviction and not 20 years on death row or a life sentence means life and not a few pampered years on suicide watch.

You can't see it can you Chappy? You espouse science like it is a religion. You are the other side of the same coin.
I don't and that's not what I'm saying.

The smart phone I'm using to post this on didn't come about by prayer or faith. It's science and the laws of physics at play, just as it is with the sun and planets and everything around us from bacteria to the whole universe.

We are unlocking the mysteries and secrets and the more we do so the more rediculous the Bible looks and shows the crackpots who swallow its doctrine as factual.

You couldn't possibly ever make an Ark which contained all life and there simply isn't enough water on Earth to flood all land. The Bible is gorged with examples of absurdity, abuse, control and power.

Can't remember who said it but if you love god then burn a Bible, and all the other books. IF there was a god, he/she/it would have absolutely nothing to do with any of these man-made books.

If anyone killed a family member of mine I would kill them whether that meant waiting outside court with a sniper rifle or running them down when they left jail.

The liberalised justice system where life for murder can mean a few years and then out on parole simply would not do.

I only believe in the death sentence if it means termination upon conviction and not 20 years on death row or a life sentence means life and not a few pampered years on suicide watch.

So you'd be happy being executed immediately after your trial for murder then? No chance of appeal? Because that's what would happen in your world.

I don't and that's not what I'm saying.

The smart phone I'm using to post this on didn't come about by prayer or faith. It's science and the laws of physics at play, just as it is with the sun and planets and everything around us from bacteria to the whole universe.

We are unlocking the mysteries and secrets and the more we do so the more rediculous the Bible looks and shows the crackpots who swallow its doctrine as factual.

You couldn't possibly ever make an Ark which contained all life and there simply isn't enough water on Earth to flood all land. The Bible is gorged with examples of absurdity, abuse, control and power.

Can't remember who said it but if you love god then burn a Bible, and all the other books. IF there was a god, he/she/it would have absolutely nothing to do with any of these man-made books.

I don't believe in "God" personally, but there are plenty of well educated people, scientists included, who do.
It's great that mankind is trying to unlock the deepest secrets of creation but will it ever be possible?
I saw a programme where it was claimed that if a Hydrogen atom was blown up to the size of the observable universe, a string would be about the size of a tree. :eek: :eek: That's how unimaginably small things are on the planck scale.
Thy say that to truly understand the universe we have to understand the incredibly weird goings on at that scale, how can that ever happen when we can never ever observe them.

So you'd be happy being executed immediately after your trial for murder then? No chance of appeal? Because that's what would happen in your world.

Absolutely I would only do something if prepared to take the consequences.
My non GOD world is certainly not a place for anarchy or without rules.
In truth I would like to see capital punishment restored for non arguable events like Ian Hunter and I would like Family members being given the opportunity to pull the levers.
That would be true justice in action.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Thy say that to truly understand the universe we have to understand the incredibly weird goings on at that scale, how can that ever happen when we can never ever observe them.

At the end of the day, if it all boils down to probability and confidence intervals, then the laws of physics say we cannot accurately measure them so they are impossible to prove......

So that's the get out clause :)

I am not one to believe science de facto either.
I am not saying GOD doesn't work therefore science does.

my posts are purely on how humans can actually interact better with each other if we create altruistic values based purely on a moral sense of right or wrong.

That's the thing though Sooey, we don't know and maybe there are things we will just have to resign to never knowing. But haven't we come a long way, more than we ever imagined, to unraveling the secrets..

True science is about discovery and above all being impartial and unbiased. If you have a hidden agenda you cannot be a great scientist IMHO.

The dichotomy and sad story about Newon (or Galileo) I once read was that his scientific findings of our Solar System contradicted his Christian teachings. However, to his credit, he could not retract what he knew to be true and so he was placed under house arrest for his heathen words. :mad:

Of course eventually the church apologised, posthumously, for getting that wrong. This is the mentally you're up against however. Not until irrefutable scientific evidence is presented do you ever make headway with these religious happy clappy fanatics.

Any fool can try a put the burden of proof on science to disprove crackpot claims, but the burden of proof should be on the claimant; a responsibility which all religious people shun like the fools they are...

It was Galileo, his assertion that the Earth orbited the sun not vice versa was what got up their noses. He did retract, under pain of being burnt at the stake, I think he only got out of that and got the house arrest because he was on speaking terms with the pope of the time.
If I remember right the church's apoplogy only came about a few years ago, hundreds of years after his death.

Sponsored Links
Back