If you were God...

Now this I find very interesting

http://www.ilaam.net/Articles/QuranBible.html[/QUOTE]

When watching the christian fruitcakes and muslim fruitcakes battling it out at Speakers Corner I've always thought the muslim fruitcakes came away having won the fruitcake argument. Not only on knowledge of the subject matter, but they do tend to do a better job of getting their historical fruitcake views over.

Still all fruitcakes though. If I was God I'd be thoroughly embarrassed by them.

Sponsored Links
Norcon said:
No atheist community will ever surpass the goodness that those who hold dear to the divine teachings of thier faith have acheived.

That's a bit arrogant isn't it? :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought pride was a sin in your religion.

Arrogant but true.
Atheism is the path of the evil. Just look at how many condone state sponsored murder on this forum if you want proof!

Norcon said:
No atheist community will ever surpass the goodness that those who hold dear to the divine teachings of thier faith have acheived.

That's a bit arrogant isn't it? :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought pride was a sin in your religion.

Arrogant but true.
Atheism is the path of the evil. Just look at how many condone state sponsored murder on this forum if you want proof!

Norcon please name and shame, what are the names of these atheist that condone state sponsored murder??

Show us the links where they say these things!!

Put up or shut up!!

"An eye for an eye" wasn't something an Atheist came up with Norco. If someone murdered my daughter why shouldn't the murderer forfeit their own life? (So long as, and only IF, there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever of their guilt and/or their own admission).

Presumably you would be okay with the murderer to just get life, which means out in <10 years, complete with a degree etc. etc. And I’m the one who looks sick? :rolleyes:

In a recent program with Trevor McDonald there were inmates in America on death row and even they accepted their fate and said they deserve what is to come.

Add to this the amount of corruption, rape and blood that has been spilt over millennia in the name of various religions and I think Atheism stands up to be just about one of the most respectable, and certainly less bloody, ways of life.

Check your history before making sweeping statements about Atheists’ please. :evil:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Well i think a dose of humble pie is on the menu, it would appear that norcon has been telling the truth but we were so blind we could not see, here is the unquestionable truth,

http://youtu.be/3_NKgAaMthA

Praise the Lord, Halleluya!!

it is religiously motivated child abuse that depresses me, not the atheistic worldview I now hold, which provides more morality, meaning and purpose to my life than Christianity ever did because it is based on reality. So, that is one reason I'm ending this archive. I cry inside every time I read another story of children suffering because of the religious beliefs of adults. Sometimes I just can't bear to read another one. It's getting too hard on my heart.

Norcon please feel free to chip in anytime and put your views forward!!

Big Tone said:
"An eye for an eye" wasn't something an Atheist came up with --

True. It should be noted however that the 'eye for an eye' rule specified a maximum rather than a minimum and its purpose was to prevent minor squabbles turning into all out war. Sadly, it was not applied when some tosspot killed Archduke Ferdinand. :( :( :(

and also said:
Add to this the amount of corruption, rape and blood that has been spilt over millennia in the name of various religions and I think Atheism stands up to be just about one of the most respectable, and certainly less bloody, ways of life.

Well I'd like to be able to second that but I'm not sure that I can because Stalin and Mao were atheists. I'm also guessing that at least some of the bloodthirsty tyrants of ancient times were atheists. And so I must reluctantly concede that religions (Humanism included) have, on average, done more good than harm. The rules of religion were, as many have said, written by men; rarely if ever by women and certainly not by some supernatural entity. They were skewed by the legacy of our proto-human past and subject to natural selection (if there was ever a religion that encouraged its followers to have only two children per couple, they are long gone) but they were better than no rules at all. Think about it. Would you really want to live in a world with no rules at all? :eek: :eek:

Fair points Space cat, but I think there’s an important difference.

Stalin and Mao were power-hungry despots and that was their driving force, not their religion or absence thereof. So, as vile as they indisputably were, I don’t see any hypocrisy whereas it is hypocritical in the extreme to extol the virtues of Christian love or any other religious benevolent or philanthropic 'bent' and then commit so much as one murder; least of all genocide!

Bringing it more up to date, both Blair and Bush should be tried for war crimes. They are so-called Christians, just like Hitler was, and I can’t think of any recent atheists who have taken us into an illegal, immoral and hypocritical war based on lies or flown an aeroplane into a tower knowing that thousands of innocents would die.

Hec, an intelligent thread I’m enjoying and getting something from without any trolling. Holds breath...

Add:
Think about it. Would you really want to live in a world with no rules at all? :eek: :eek:
Hec no! :eek: :eek: But the 64 million dollar question is who’s rules? We have tried every religious Rule since mankind first worshiped the god of thunder and made sacrifices when ‘God turned the light out’ during an eclipse, which have all failed – always.

Isn’t it time for something new and intelligent :idea:

Ha B&B is nothing, my mother, although i loved her dearly, was a Jehovas Witless, she had a knack of turning any conversation you care to mention around to her chosen subject, namely religion, within two or three sentences. :confused:

How did that work Pred? e.g. "Mum, I'm thinking of buying a rubber chicken". ;)

Not being disrespectful mate. My mum was VERY Victorian, so I don't know if that's better or worse tbh.

I still, and always will, think of her as the most stoic, generous and kind person I have ever known or could ever wish to have known. But, with the greatest of respect mum, that didn't mean you were right about a god who loves us.

Your God certainly didn't do you many favours in your lifetime, or for one of your sons. (My late bro). :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back