If you were God...

Norcon said:
No atheist community will ever surpass the goodness that those who hold dear to the divine teachings of thier faith have acheived.

That's a bit arrogant isn't it? :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought pride was a sin in your religion.

Sponsored Links
People who believe blindly in God or blindly in unprovable science - are both fruitcakes.
I remember getting involved in a stupid argument with a Bible-Basher on that one Joe; about the provable/unprovable.

What it came down to was when I started to say that I put my faith in true science and how I am big enough to swallow my pride and prepared to do a complete U-turn in light of true scientific proof and evidence.

So I went on to say how we now know the Earth revolves around the Sun etc. which contradicted what has been cast in the Bible stone since its inception. Seemed like a fairly innocuous opening statement to me. :rolleyes:

Her retort, or defence, was “well how do you know that? You are no better than me then; for believing what you have read or seen on TV. You can’t travel there yourself so you are basically believing in something others have told you as the truth; something written down as fact”

Needless to say I gave up...

No atheist community will ever surpass the goodness that those who hold dear to the divine teachings of thier faith have acheived.

but it has failed.
Only for those who choose to follow the path of evil. (ie. the atheists)

Just about everyone of them on here condones state sponsored murder for a start!
Well once again you have the pathetic contradictions which are so rife throughout the ‘good’ book.

Turn the other cheek verses do unto others or eye for an eye. That’s the beauty, (or cop-out to be exact), of the Bible. It has enough crap in it to give a stupid answer for every situation which suits whatever you want to do or say!!!

Speaking as an atheist, I have one main tenet which is to treat others as I would wish to be treated myself! It’s common sense and you don’t need to be an erudite scholar on religion, or all religions, to live this way of good life.

I don’t have much in the way of skeletons in my cupboard, and almost certainly less than most Priests and Politicians...

Norcon, what will you do when you get to the pearly gates and find there's no one at home?

Sponsored Links
However, evolution fails to explain why man is far far more superior to other organisms, why is there such a wide gap? if evolution was what created us , we would be like zombies walking around, aimlessly, with little brain to think of nothing other than to mount on the next female we see, and to hunt for our food just like the animals do, but hey we are far far too civilised and clever to be fooled by idiots like Darwin, who thinks we emerged out an ape, ad suddenly we have no furs and we have no tail and our facial features have changed overnight and ....think about, darwin is simply rubbish, and God is who created us. Full stop. Adam & Eve is no bull, its real as it can get.

but it has failed.

Just about everyone of them on here condones state sponsored murder for a start!

Suicide Bombers hold dear divine teachings??
The Catholic church seems to be homosexual peadophile central.
The Church of England is homophobic.
You cannot say athiests are evil that simply reinforces my view that religious followers become blinkered and self obsessed.

Not believing in God doesn't mean we are lost to someone equally dubious ie the Devil it simply means I make my own decisions about right and wrong.
Religion gives people the reason to do bad things while trying to claim a moral high ground - how stupid is that?
I have to stand on my own two feet in both the eyes of the law and my conscience.
My conscience is completely clear from my life and I dont have anything I feel guilty of hiding or that will come back to haunt me.

I actually feel that stepping away from religion has made me a better person.

I do believe that a country has a right to defend itself against aggressors and it that involves killing then it does. However i do not believe in using armed forces to political ends.

Mikefromlondon said:
-- evolution fails to explain why man is far far more superior to other organisms, why is there such a wide gap?

You might equally well ask why there's only one animal that really looks like an elephant - and it's an elephant. Ditto the rhinoceros and the hippopotamus. Desmond Morris proposed a plausible explanation thus (if I can remember his exact words):

"Competitors would appear to have been ruthlessly exterminated. It's no accident that we are the only species of our type left alive."

'Exterminated' was, perhaps, too strong a word. When I was at school we read about the mysterious missing link, but those books are now out of date. We have fossil evidence for many missing links, any one of which could have emerged as top hominid but only one did. At the end of the day, they were all competing for the same resources so they either interbred into a single species or else they died out - probably a bit of both.

No genuine missing link has ever been found.

but it has failed.

Suicide Bombers hold dear divine teachings??
The Catholic church seems to be homosexual peadophile central.
The Church of England is homophobic.
You cannot say athiests are evil that simply reinforces my view that religious followers become blinkered and self obsessed.

Not believing in God doesn't mean we are lost to someone equally dubious ie the Devil it simply means I make my own decisions about right and wrong.
Religion gives people the reason to do bad things while trying to claim a moral high ground - how stupid is that?
I have to stand on my own two feet in both the eyes of the law and my conscience.
My conscience is completely clear from my life and I dont have anything I feel guilty of hiding or that will come back to haunt me.

I actually feel that stepping away from religion has made me a better person.

I do believe that a country has a right to defend itself against aggressors and it that involves killing then it does. However i do not believe in using armed forces to political ends.

Thank you MDF290, I could not have put it better myself. :D

The missing links are alive, well and posting on this forum. They don't have an opposable thumb, but that's not needed to type of course.

Since they can't fill their life with other more regular activities which require an opposable thumb, they can easily be identified by a very high post count on forums....

Sponsored Links
Back