Immigrants welcome in Poland, illegal immigrants no chance ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
They are illegal up until the point they claim asylum

and they can’t be penalised if they want to claim asylum.

nor can they be if they choose to pass through a safe country.

So you are arguing semantics with no practical benefit whatsoever.

Well the way I see it than

Poland and Hungary should be kicked out of the EU for not following the rules on this caper

and any lorry driver who has been fined for stow aways should have there costs reimbursed ?

Well the way I see it than

Poland and Hungary should be kicked out of the EU for not following the rules on this caper

and any lorry driver who has been fined for stow aways should have there costs reimbursed ?

There are plenty in Poland who want to leave the EU. Best of luck to them, they have a long fight ahead.

Polexit is coming!

Sponsored Links
and they can’t be penalised if they want to claim asylum.

Who said they could be?

nor can they be if they choose to pass through a safe country.

Who said they could be?

So you are arguing semantics with no practical benefit whatsoever.

Himmy stated that it's perfectly legal to cross the channel in a dinghy, enter the country via illegal means and claim asylum. I pointed out that doing so is illegal, up until the point that they claim asylum, then they have the legal protection of asylum laws.

least he doesn't embarrass himself to the point where he needs to pretend to be a new member with a new name every few weeks.
Why would I need a new name every few weeks?
I'm not suggesting you would - clearly you have joined for the very first time ever in the middle of september and you are still finding your way around the forum and meeting all the members
In which case there was no rhyme or reason for your earlier comment.
I was about to ask if that was the norm in your case, but it's self-evident.

Himmy stated that it's perfectly legal to cross the channel in a dinghy, enter the country via illegal means and claim asylum. I pointed out that doing so is illegal, up until the point that they claim asylum, then they have the legal protection of asylum laws.

It is perfectly legal to cross the channel in a dinghy, land on a beach, or be rescued by border force, and claim asylum on arrival at the earliest opportunity.
A refugee is only an illegal immigrant if they avoid detection and do not claim asylum when they have the opportunity.

Which part precisely do you think is illegal?
Putting to sea in a dinghy?
Crossing the channel?
Landing on a beach in UK?
Being rescued by Border Force?
or claiming asylum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back