Immigration Crisis

louis-ck-about-immigrants-stealing-jobs.jpg

Sponsored Links
IMMIGRATION CRISIS
A lot is being spent and lives lost or ruined in attempts to stop the dangerous Channel crossing by inflatable boats full of Illegal Immigrants who claim they are fleeing danger, but in reality they are is no danger settling in France / Belgium etc so the journey to Britain is not justified on the grounds of War/Danger.
The solution is easy and I can't understand why it is not adopted and the solution is to slash the inflatables ON THE BEACH before anyone gets into them, then boats then become unusable for the intended trip and any future intended trips. The gangs ripping these asylum seekers off will soon get the idea and stop the illegal trade in lives within days.
The solution is easy so why is it not adopted immediately, it would save lives and stop the illegal traffic and the lining of the pockets of the gangs organising it.
I clearly have something wrong here otherwise the simple safe solution would be adopted. so what am I missing?
The traffickers are not stupid enough to leave boats lying around on the beach to be damaged . You would also have to assume every inflatable boat is being used solely by traffickers .

If someone without contacts, money, or speaking the language, steals your job it means you have a venal employer.

Unlike this hotel owner, who has apparently rejected a million pounds to sack all his staff:

Probably a business/community/economic/ decision which GBNews have presented as a political motivated decision.
it's not like GB News to twist a news item to suit it's own agenda. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
The traffickers are not stupid enough to leave boats lying around on the beach to be damaged . You would also have to assume every inflatable boat is being used solely by traffickers .
Given the regulations for registration and piloting such vessels. It’s fairly obvious that all inflatables with 30 people on board, powered by a 10-15hp motor, measuring at least 6-8m are up to no good.

The issue seems to be once in the water, the French authorities don’t want to know. There seems to be an erroneous assumption that unless they ask for help, there is nothing that can be done.

Given the regulations for registration and piloting such vessels. It’s fairly obvious that all inflatables with 30 people on board, powered by a 10-15hp motor, measuring at least 6-8m are up to no good.

The issue seems to be once in the water, the French authorities don’t want to know. There seems to be an erroneous assumption that unless they ask for help, there is nothing that can be done.
There's a reasonable assumption that unless they ask for help, there is nothing that can be done, safely.

I'm sure the French police have nothing better to do than search hundreds of miles of beaches and dunes, night after night, searching for inflatables that might not meet all the current regulations, on the off-chance they might find an unregistered inflatable.
And if it's registered, that's a good night's work. :rolleyes:

But the manufacturer, seller or previous owner might have already registered the boat, voila! :rolleyes:

But the manufacturer, seller or previous owner might have already registered the boat, voila!
They have caught some smugglers via the number of inflatables they have stored. It seems they did bulk order from China. I suppose their answer to that is to smuggle them in instead.

And if it's registered, that's a good night's work.
There is no need to register boats of the size and etc that they may make use of. An inflatable is relatively easy to move around. Also fairly safe if not overloaded. They definitely do overload them.

The French monitor with UK supplied drones. Then head out to the ones they see being used etc and have been provided with suitable vehicles. Latest idea is to send some Brits to monitor what the French actually do and pay for more French. This is the new deal that has been mentioned.

However if these people can only apply on UK soil ...............................................

Not quite, but don't let the truth get in the way of sensationalism...
Denso I cannot enter into any discourse with you until you have answered the Chinese/ Italian covid fake news question; it wouldn't be fair. If you haven't answered it in 24 hours from now I will put you on ignore with the liars.

And no, I won't repeat the question (again).

until you have answered the Chinese/ Italian covid fake news question
Yes, as you say, it was fake, and called out as such in March 2020. What else would you like to know?
If you haven't answered it in 24 hours from now I will put you on ignore with the liars.
You have intentionally misquoted an article which you yourself posted to make it more sensationalist. There is a word for that...

There's a reasonable assumption that unless they ask for help, there is nothing that can be done, safely.
But the manufacturer, seller or previous owner might have already registered the boat, voila!
Its an assumption, but its not reasonable. It would be safer to intercept them when only a few 100m/miles off the French coast than risk them crossing various traffic separation and precautionary zones (shipping lanes).

You can't just knock up a "passenger/commercial ship" and register it. There is a little more to it than that. Nobody would pass those vessels as safe.

They have caught some smugglers via the number of inflatables they have stored. It seems they did bulk order from China. I suppose their answer to that is to smuggle them in instead.

There is no need to register boats of the size and etc that they may make use of. An inflatable is relatively easy to move around. Also fairly safe if not overloaded. They definitely do overload them.

The French monitor with UK supplied drones. Then head out to the ones they see being used etc and have been provided with suitable vehicles. Latest idea is to send some Brits to monitor what the French actually do and pay for more French. This is the new deal that has been mentioned.

However if these people can only apply on UK soil ...............................................
Thats not correct. As I posted before. In France any vessel of more than 2.5m or having propulsion of greater than 6hp must be registered. In addition any vessel used to carry more than 12 people is classed as a passenger ship and must be registered, coded and piloted as such. Not to mention the Schengen, migration and trafficking offences.

Does that count as detecting them then? Good value for money ?

The OP refers to empty boats .

Sponsored Links
Back