Immigration.

Good idea, John. At least keep your fantasies credible. (bet was James Bond)

Sponsored Links
Come and live in Devon, if we find an immigrant down here we either eat it or sh*g it :LOL:

The Welsh do something similar with their farm animals. The reason is that there aren't many immigrants going to Wales, because even immigrants have standards! :LOL:

Immigration isn't the problem, immigration is the lifeblood of any nation but what we have here is mass uncontrolled immigration and all the problems that come with it.

When you have a situation were the number of migrants is dictated not by the government but by the number of migrants who want to come here then that is uncontrolled immigration.

The truth is that British domestic law is now subservient to European law, under the free movement of labour laws, it's is illegal to prevent workers from other parts of the E.U. entering the U.K. to seek work.

There are only 2 ways to control immigration one is that the government introduces real immigration controls and risks coming into conflict with the E.U. the other is leave migration to market forces which means the the number of migrants arriving will slow down when the U.K. is no longer viewed as an attractive place to come to, i.e. presumably when it has gone bankrupt. The government seems to have chosen the latter option.

We are all Europeans now, no matter where you come from. I've heard the average wage in the poorer parts of the EU is about £50 per week - our minimum wage is 5 times that. Until wages here are the same as wages there - people will head over here. Just as you or I probably would.

The big problem is the infrastructure. We need houses, schools, hospitals etc to cater for them all. They are mostly low paid workers who pay little tax and send their wages abroad. I really can't see why we are in Europe in this way. In my opinion it should have been a market and nothing else. Maybe JohnD can tell me.

Sponsored Links
Joe 90 is so right on this and its interesting to see JD avoiding his questions.
To give an example just look at when Ireland (a poor country) and Britian ( a rich nation in comparison)joined the EU.
Ireland has improved immensely whilst Britian has steadily declined.

We've have, probably like a lot of other companies, had an influx of workers from the eastern bloc, and hearing from them the immigration may well be topping out now as a lot of them complain about the high cost of living here in proportion to their low incomes, many are living on the breadline and are looking at staying here short term because of that.
So as said maybe market forces may eventually balance things out?

The biggest problem with English people is that they are lazy hence why you see so many foreign workers in the country.
They see manual labour as beneath themselves.
The Irish are beginning to fall into this category also though the land grab from the protestants in the northern region keeps them on their toes.
Some factories in Ireland have a 99 percent foreign work force.
If most of them could be bothered to get up off their ar@ses and leave their computer screens and get their hands dirty then a lot less foreigners would be in the country.

The reason you can't get Brits to work the low wage jobs is that they can't live on the minimum wage. Therefore they live on benefits (free rent, food, etc) and work the black economy for cash-in-hand. They are quids in doing this. After a year working for peanuts here the immigrants will be free to do the same. Human nature is the same the world over. They will adopt the same lifestyle.

Joe 90 wrote

The reason you can't get Brits to work the low wage jobs is that they can't live on the minimum wage.

No. Its laziness.

If they worked the hours (which they are not prepared to do) then the wage would be fine. Instead they want an 8 hour day and be paid huge sums of money for it.
I know one large polish family living under one roof ( about 17 of them) who work 12 hour shifts in a meat processing factory.
The Grandmother in her 70's works the night shift.
The Lithuian guy I work with at the moment spends about 15 minutes in total on his breaks during the day. Sometimes maybe only 5 minutes and then back to work.
UK workers ?. Forget em. :rolleyes:

I know one large polish family living under one roof ( about 17 of them) who work 12 hour shifts in a meat processing factory.

Would anyone now viewing like to do this?

Slave labour and it is a disgrace that people should have to do this in this day and age! :evil:

Bacho wrote

Would anyone now viewing like to do this?

If its UK residents viewing then the answer will be no.

Slave labour and it is a disgrace that people should have to do this in this day and age.

They do it by choice and are not forced. The company runs on a 24 hour basis with 12 hour shifts for the workers.
Cows heads mostly which are transported in from the abbotoir and stripped off meat manually and then the scrapings nicely packaged off to Tesco's as 100 percent beef burgers.
My time there involved the installation of a 250k refrigerant cooling system.

I used to be a butcher and can't see how anyone would like to strip cows heads of their meat for 12 hrs by choice.

It seems to me that companys are taking advantage of European labourer's goodwill to make money! :(

This is the whole point. UK business wants slave labour to keep wages down. Now they've got it. The factory bosses live in the affluent Brit suburbs. The politicians live in the affluent Brit suburbs. The whole Politically Correct bandwagon live in the predominantly affluent Brit suburbs. So what do they care? They get their big fat salary and clear off and live in a Brit enclave in Spain.

They send their kids to private school and have private health insurance.
What do they care what happens in the common man's suburbs?

Sponsored Links
Back